Bottles found at a yard sale

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mariez

Reaction score
I purchased a box of old soda pop bottles at a yard sale. I was researching them and that led me to this site. I would like to sell the box all together, make me an offer. Here is what was in the box,
Shipley's Frederick MD 7 oz
Cloverdale 10 oz green bottle
Crystal Club Sparkling Beverages 7 oz
Orange Crush 5 oz Patd July 1920
William J. B. Shanks Baltimore MD 24 oz
Crass 10 oz clear glass
Pure Spring 10 oz
Mil-Kay Vitamin Drink 10 oz blue and white painted lable
Crass Pale Dry 6 oz green bottle
Robert Potrtner Brewing Tivoli Alexandria VA
Tri-Co Beverages 7 oz
Hires 2 on the bottom in the glass, lots of bubbles in the glass
Hubb's Beverages 8 oz Elmira NY
Monumental Brewing Co Baltimore MD
Soda Water Propertty of MD. Coca Cola Bottling 6 oz
There are also some other misc and unmarked bottles
I am in Rockville MD

Penn Digger

Reaction score
This isn't ebay or craigslist. This is a site for folks who appreciate old bottles. Stupid post, you bought a box of bottles and obviously want to turn them over for a quick profit. Why would you post that? Try an ebay ad with a description of how you paid $10 for a box of worthless old bottles that you nothing about and want $100 for.

jpabst

Reaction score
To Mariez! I appreciate your post, because if you had happened to have found an old J. Pabst & Sons bottle from Hamilton, OH
you would have made my day and I would be contacting you to negociate a price! Thank you for your post as many people on this forum are looking for specific bottles and like the bottles I am seeking, they may not be worth a ton of money but they are extremely important for one reason or another!
Keep it up!
Jennifer Pabst

celerycola

Reaction score
Pictures would help.

I may be interested in the Tri-co if I saw a pic.

Blackglass

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Penn Digger

This isn't ebay or craigslist. This is a site for folks who appreciate old bottles. Stupid post, you bought a box of bottles and obviously want to turn them over for a quick profit. Why would you post that? Try an ebay ad with a description of how you paid $10 for a box of worthless old bottles that you nothing about and want $100 for.

I honestly don't see the problem with trying to sell a bunch of bottles in the "Buy, Sell, and Swap" section. I mean, s/he doesn't appear to be trying to rip anyone off. I think it is commendable that Mariez decided to attempt to sell here first, giving true bottle collectors the first chance at a site where the interest in bottles is flourishing. There is nothing wrong with trying to make a quick buck, even if you have no experience nor particular interest in the item you are selling. Come on man, I'm sure you've tried to make a quick buck by purchasing something real cheap that you knew little about but you knew had value, and then turning it over and doubling your money on it. No reason to be harsh.

bottle_head9

Reaction score
I would agree we shouldn`t be scaring off new members because they came to a bottle site and tried to sell bottles in a buy, sell, swap forum..?????

andy volkerts

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: mariez

I purchased a box of old soda pop bottles at a yard sale. I was researching them and that led me to this site. I would like to sell the box all together, make me an offer. Here is what was in the box,
Shipley's Frederick MD 7 oz
Cloverdale 10 oz green bottle
Crystal Club Sparkling Beverages 7 oz
Orange Crush 5 oz Patd July 1920
William J. B. Shanks Baltimore MD 24 oz
Crass 10 oz clear glass
Pure Spring 10 oz
Mil-Kay Vitamin Drink 10 oz blue and white painted lable
Crass Pale Dry 6 oz green bottle
Robert Potrtner Brewing Tivoli Alexandria VA
Tri-Co Beverages 7 oz
Hires 2 on the bottom in the glass, lots of bubbles in the glass
Hubb's Beverages 8 oz Elmira NY
Monumental Brewing Co Baltimore MD
Soda Water Propertty of MD. Coca Cola Bottling 6 oz
There are also some other misc and unmarked bottles
I am in Rockville MD
Welcome Mariez, You just might get some offers from members here, and just ignore the the ones who have nothing to offer. You might want to post some pics if ya can, they get better results.......Andy

hemihampton

Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with the post. Gives us a oppertunity. I remember when I was new I got some Harsh rude comments. Not a way to keep new members. Why scare people off? LEON.

mariez

Reaction score
I would like to thank the members for there support, I occasionaly find bottles at yard sales and old barns etc. I have a friend that recycles the bottles in to glasses by cutting off the tops and making glasses and jars out of them. These bottles, she was hesatent to take because they were kinda rare. I did end up giving her the box to recycle.
O well.....

hemihampton

Reaction score
I might be Interested in them myself if I could see a Picture of them. If not capable of posting Pic maybe e-mail me a Pic & I could post. If so, send to hemihampton@wowway.com THANKS, LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora