bottlle ID/Value

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pluto1

Reaction score
Hullo...I am a new chum and have been tramping in an old NZ coal mining area that startedabbout 1900's.
Have fouind following
NZ Beer bottle embossed with "R Power and Co Moa brand with the Moa shown on bottle. Top condition AGM on the bottom.

NZ Beer bottle embossed with Rob Ford and Co ltd and Cold Crown Hokitika NZ ..their is a Crown emblem also .1942 on bottom.

Small jar I think is vaseline embossed with Chesebrough Maanfg Co Ltd New york

Small bottle (12cm?) with Sander and Sons Eucaalypti Extract embossed.

Thanks for any advice on these bottle and values..all are in top condition.

Will Plutto NZ

GuntherHess

Reaction score
wow , Vaseline travelled far and wide. Its one of the most commonly found bottles here.

The moa bottle sounds interesting. Is that the giant bird moa? Would love to see a photo of that one. Wonder if they made any with a kia (kea?) on it?

pluto1

Reaction score
Thanks for reply. Yes it is the Moa that once exsisted here in NZ until it was eaten out of exsistence !..the Kea is very much in exsistence and is not too popular as is a flying goat and eats and tears at everthing it can get its beak on to.

I am not able to upload photos off my camera yet but hope to learn how to and will get bottle photos on screen. The vaseline jar has presumably come from near your area and made its way to help the miners here.

If you do a search on Rewanui coal mine New Zealand you will be able to see just where it got to,

Thanks
Pluto

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado