Bought this pontil pocket flask at a yard sale

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Joelbest

Bucks
Reaction score
It has a cracked off pontil on the bottom and the finish has been smoothed down. I’m not sure who the portrait is of or what the object depicted on the back is.
On the bright side we have all been there and you learned a valuable lesson in terms of bottle collection. If it’s too good to be true then it probably is. You’ll get em next time. Happy hunting don’t get discouraged. Old but common is always better then a reproduction. Familiarize yourself with what to look for in the different ways the bottles were made back then

cowsgomoo

Reaction score
Looks like a reproduction to me . Your not supposed to be able to read anything on there. probably 30 years old at most. Sorry but I’ve been learning a lot on this sight. I’d bring something else to the Antiques Roadshow.
Thanks for the tip. If they ever came by I’d be taking my Jenny Lind flask to be appraised.

Attachments

• C7EFDDB3-9C1E-4E3F-AE66-72337C226154.jpeg
    C7EFDDB3-9C1E-4E3F-AE66-72337C226154.jpeg
    627.5 KB · Views: 93

E

Reaction score
Oh well, if it makes your mom happy its all good.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
The figure in the embossment looks like G.W. When such depictions are so sorely lacking recognizable sharpness in details its a pretty good bet its a repro. Don't let your experience totally sour you on yard sale finds. Some treasures are definitely found in them. --Just arrive early before they're picked by others.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp