Box of many old, dirty, bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TomFawls

Reaction score
Thanks. I've actually been a "lurker" for a few months. This seems like a great forum.

GABatGH

Reaction score
Tom, I seriously do NOT want to have this become an ebay debate :D We've been with ebay continuously since early 1997. It ain't what it used to be. That's why sites like Mercari, Facebook Marketplace, and craiglist have become popular. Personally, we have alternate outlets to sell stuff that most people don't. We sell true antiques for a family member (at antique malls), and we occasionally set up at flea markets. "Good" bottles, like the rubber cement, will go into a mall, and the rest will just come along for the ride to a flea market and we'll see what happens. At the flea market we put fresh cut flowers into some of them, just to give people an idea what to do with them.

We also recently learned about Glass Bottle Beach in Brooklyn and just it twice last week and brought home way too many things. I haven't even gotten a chance to clean them yet.

TomFawls

Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't trying to get into an eBay debate and I wasn't really trying to give an eBay tutorial (although after re-reading my comment, I guess I was coming across as a bit of a pedantic. Sorry. :( ).

Glad you're doing OK with selling. :)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu