bp oil spill

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
One of the things I have been doing lately while I wait for my next class to start is a lot of artwork for a new map that a fellow game player is making. I made this one for the PB fiasco.

starbuckscopy.jpg

CWBookAuthor

Reaction score
Why do they pick on bp?

They pick on BP because (1) they are a foreign corp. making them "one of those ..." (2) because the press does, making them "popular," and (3) it's so easy, even a caveman can do it.

I have nothing to do with BP, but I wonder what they would do if it was an American company.

Mike

whiskeyman

Reaction score
RE: Why do they pick on bp?

I'd like to point out that not long ago BP was one of the recommended companies to buy gas from as the $$ weren't going to Saudi...and perhaps "terrorist's" interests...

Poison_Us

Reaction score

The project didn't stat out to have anything to do with PB until the very end. Then I had the bright idea to replace the star at the top of the crown with the PB logo. I don't wish ill will on BP. I poke fun at a lot of things as it's my nature...I like to make people laugh. This is a little on the political side of current events...but it was done out of light hearted nature.

Wangan

Reaction score

I say none of them have put a lot of thought,(or money),into the aftermath and the consequences,so I say shut off all offshore drilling.We have found enough in North Dakota to last hundreds of years,(part of the huge Canadian find),but nobody seems to consider that.[8|] Maybe they just want to keep it mum until the rich buy up all the real estate.[:D]

athometoo

Reaction score

when i started this post , i wasnt actually talking about bp or the accident . just the way some companys tend to look at fighting problems and wasting more time and money trying to do it the easy way . you can spend a million dollars figuring out how to get the dirt out of a hole the easy way , or you can grab a shovel and be done with it . my company invests alot of money trying new ways to get things (dirt ,dust , granules and asphalt ) cleaned up easier and quicker . problem is they dont ask the operators if it will work . winds up being longer , harder and more frustrating than just grabbing a broom and shovel . that was my point . sorry to offend anyone . sam

Staunton Dan

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: Wangan

I say none of them have put a lot of thought,(or money),into the aftermath and the consequences,so I say shut off all offshore drilling.We have found enough in North Dakota to last hundreds of years,(part of the huge Canadian find),but nobody seems to consider that.[8|] Maybe they just want to keep it mum until the rich buy up all the real estate.[:D] 

It's political and based on money. Just about anything these days is based upon these two principals. I don't believe that we are being told what really happened in the Gulf or what is actually being done to make sure it won't happen again. I believe that we can be sure of one thing though, that if nothing changes policy-wise, then this will happen again, and again and...

whiskeyman

Reaction score

I wasn't offended at all...just making my own observation(s). [:)]
Actually I wondered if maybe sabotage was behind the "accident."

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu