Brandimist cola sign

Melli25

Reaction score
Hello! Thanks for letting me in this wonderful group!! I got this sign today. What’s the age? Sadly it’s cut. Not sure of a value

Thanks!!

Attachments

• 60B12646-2598-417C-A14A-1A03F7BCABC7.jpeg
    60B12646-2598-417C-A14A-1A03F7BCABC7.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 58

RCO

Reaction score
Hello! Thanks for letting me in this wonderful group!! I got this sign today. What’s the age? Sadly it’s cut. Not sure of a value

Thanks!!

you'd have to look into the history of this bottler as to when they used that specific bottle . that be the easiest way to get an idea of a time period when its from

too bad its cut , that may hurt its value

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's a real shame it was cut, but I imagine it'll still have some decent value since it's a sign for a smaller bottler which actually depicts the bottle. Is it enamel or painted tin? As for age I'd guess 30s-40s based on the bottle, maybe 50s at the late end since that's when most bottlers were phasing out deco bottles.

Melli25

Reaction score
That's a real shame it was cut, but I imagine it'll still have some decent value since it's a sign for a smaller bottler which actually depicts the bottle. Is it enamel or painted tin? As for age I'd guess 30s-40s based on the bottle, maybe 50s at the late end since that's when most bottlers were phasing out deco bottles.

it looks painted. Not sure to be honest. I wish they didn’t cut the extra 5” but it was really cheap and my wife is named Brandy. So it kinda fits the shop.I was assuming 30s ish. Honestly I paid $30 for it. I got a few bottles I need to post on here. I normally collect gas and oil but I’m starting to like the bottles now!

RCO

Reaction score
it looks painted. Not sure to be honest. I wish they didn’t cut the extra 5” but it was really cheap and my wife is named Brandy. So it kinda fits the shop.I was assuming 30s ish. Honestly I paid $30 for it. I got a few bottles I need to post on here. I normally collect gas and oil but I’m starting to like the bottles now!

I googled brandimist and that bottle comes up as being from the late 20's > 30's , so I would imagine the sign is from same time period

its weird they cut off the bottom , maybe it was damaged or store made a custom alteration to fit there display /building

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I googled brandimist and that bottle comes up as being from the late 20's > 30's , so I would imagine the sign is from same time period

its weird they cut off the bottom , maybe it was damaged or store made a custom alteration to fit there display /building
Usually cut to make a repair. For example... often in a roof to fix a hole.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Bottle 2 Rocks

Reaction score
Usually cut to make a repair. For example... often in a roof to fix a hole.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Yeah what Robby said makes sense, during the depression era anything you can find to make repairs. The bottle pictured is 1920's-it was their earlier deco style bottle. My bottle pictured is a little later with more detail in the embossing of the barrel late 20's early 30's.

Attachments

• facebook decos sale 024.JPG
    facebook decos sale 024.JPG
    615.3 KB · Views: 36
  • facebook decos sale 025.JPG
    facebook decos sale 025.JPG
    621.8 KB · Views: 28

Products discussed on ATB

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics