brick lined privy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CCB420

Reaction score
That's what I figured, guess I've never seen the 'bavarian' on any modern Busch products, but I'm a creature of habits, my dad drank Budweiser, and since my first taste was stolen from his ice chest at the hunting camp.....I tend to purchase the same!! Don't have time for 'unleaded', as he used to say

But I'll be sure to keep my eyes out now though! My wife kinda laughed at me for keeping these rusted heaps, said the producers from A&E's Hoarders, was needing me to call for an appointment!! There were many more in that are, not as plentiful intact, but now that I know some can still be cleaned.......

So is there a market for the openers for these flat tops?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 41

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yes, people collect those can openers, I must have 100 of them myself. As for Rusty Beer cans, some of the rare ones or super rare ones can be worth $100 or more depending on condition & rarity. I'd look for more if I was you, you might stumble upon a rare one, which I'd be happy to give you $100 for. Good Luck. LEON.

CCB420

Reaction score
So what brands would you consider 'rare'? In addition to Shultz

hemihampton

Reaction score
What State are you digging in? the list would be long. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Not too many rare cans brewed or found in Louisiana. There is the super rare Tiger & Rosalie flat tops worth thousands but highly doubt you'll ever find one of those. a more common tough can would be the Tiger pull tab or JAX with go Texan printed on side in a 1965 Juice Top pull tab. The JAX flat top that's red & black popular & Dixie 45 cone popular. Good Luck. LEON.

CCB420

Reaction score
Hey hemi, is there a sight, or a forum I can visit to get pics of these various cans?? I'm making out sections of some of the cans, but others are slightly more camera shy!! I'll see something IF, the right light, right angle, right rightwind speed & direction, right point in the astronomical rotation, etc etc!! However, an actual visual sample of a known flat top to compare, seems like would help??
And did you give out your can cleaning do's and don'ts, or maybe your favorite way to clean without damaging??? Or is that proprietary??

hemihampton

Reaction score
Best way to see pics of different cans is by using the USBC (United States Beer Cans) Book. I thought I had a extra around the house but don't see it. you can buy them on ebay. Pics below of a sample page & a closeup of the Tiger Can on far right of 2nd pic. LEON.

P.S. E-mail me pics of any rusty cans you find & good chance I can tell you what it is.

USBCbook.JPG
USBCTigerCloseup.JPG

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu