Brown creamer very thick

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gotoldmarbles

Reaction score
Any help with this brown creamer it would be great. It is very thick glass and has a thick applied handle with the biggest pontil mark I have ever seen. Please tell me i have something cool here. Or maybe a different website that can tell me more? Any help would be great. Thank you

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Any help with this brown creamer it would be great. It is very thick glass and has a thick applied handle with the biggest pontil mark I have ever seen. Please tell me i have something cool here. Or maybe a different website that can tell me more? Any help would be great. Thank you
Sorry, I can't do either. The stuff I've seen so far is all pretty modern. Cool for knick knacks but that's about all.

surfaceone

Reaction score
I'm with Eric, also doubting it's a creamer. Perhaps an ungainly toddy...
MA-Hot-Toddy-1-571x900.jpg

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
I believe this would be closer to a creamer in style. It is about 6" tall. The handle in your piece appears to be of solid glass while the handle on this one is hollow. The size and lip on this piece shown would make it more functional to pouring liquid. [attachment=pitcherbase copy.jpg]

Attachments

• b5f48b3698d4470e8c9413860467db52.jpg
    b5f48b3698d4470e8c9413860467db52.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 116

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello Bruce, I am interested in the little creamer you posted the pictures of. I have picked up some applied handled pieces and mainly to make a study of the handle applications. They have some neat mysteries for me to evaluate. RED Matthews Sarasota FL this time of the year. And all I can say is "Thank goodnes" with the weather that is up north. We go to Watkins Glen NY; in the summer time and I visit the Corning Museum for meetings and consultations, each summer.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Now I am confused. Maybe there are two different creamers and I guess one belongs to a man named Jason (gotomarbles) What ever - I would like to hear from both of you. I am doing a study on handle application and the tools they used. I am just a glass nut is the world of how it was made. RED Matthews

Gotoldmarbles

Reaction score
mine is a very thick solid applied handle. I got a hold of Hank
Flowers from oldsouthjerseyglass and he said that it does have age to it its not modern or new.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I don't want to show disrespect for you or Mr. Flowers but I really don't see anything earlier than 1940 or so.That's just my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky