build my own tumbler

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottle tumbler

Reaction score
13 rpms is not a speed for tumbling.well i guess you could use it if you have a real thin bottle, it would work, but 30 to 35 rpms for square and up to 65 to 80 for round some tumblers go. I do all my bottles on slow any more, same results, same time frame. safer, less noise, less wear and tare on every thing.

happy to share any thing on tumbling

rick kern

dirtflicker

Reaction score
I just bought myself a bottle cleaning machine from the Jar Doctor..... For the time and money it takes to try and build one yourself, you can own a professional grade machine for just a $100 more. Wayne has spent years working out all the problems with building these machines and I am sure he has spent many hours and a lot of money perfecting his equipment. If you try to build your own....good luck....it's a pain in the arse!

dirtflicker

dirtflicker

Reaction score
Thanks Rick....I am looking forward to getting it....should be here on Friday. I must be honest.....I AM PSYCED!!! Now I can clean some of the big money bottles I have dug over the years that are all sick and stained....you will actually be able to see them again for what they are![:D]

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
I'm thinking about building my own tumbler and I've been checking on prices on supplies and I'm not trying to be rude but I think you would save a little more than $100.00. The Jardoctor wanted $550.00 for a single canister with 2 speed motor. I'm sure they are GREAT machines but no way could I afford that.

Bottle tumbler

Reaction score
You can build your own machine if you like. i know some who have and have no problems, but the tubes are a very important tool. I get them from jar doctor, you can only buy the stopples if you like and get your own pvc pipe, thick pipe only 40 or better
some make their own stopples, but if your not good with making things then just buy them from jar doc. they last a very long time.

rick

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I agree that the machine is pretty easy to build , the stopples are the tough part and worth getting from Jar Doctor. I have made some of my own from plumbing test fittings from Home Depot but they arent as nice.

Bottle tumbler

Reaction score
clear pipe

http://www.harvel.com/piping-clear-pvc.asp

or type in clear pvc pipe in your goggle

rick

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Clear sounds cool for a short time but wouldn't that frost up real bad after that? Sounds like you'd end up with white on the inside anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp