Busted up Dr. Pepper bringing $300+ on ebay right now....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

celerycola

Reaction score
This exact bottle turned up at the Columbia SC bottle show last month and no one, including Georgia Crown Soda Book authors Ken Nease and Carl Barnet had ever heard of it. The bottler name embossed, James Ray's Sons, had gone out of business by about 1912. No other machine made bottle for James Rays Sons has been found.

jays emporium

Reaction score
Well, you never know what someone will dig up. Nobody knew that bottle existed until now. Maybe someone will still find a Dr Pepper embossed Hutchinson some day.

ncbred

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jays emporium

Well, you never know what someone will dig up. Nobody knew that bottle existed until now. Maybe someone will still find a Dr Pepper embossed Hutchinson some day.

got this info on the Gono soda museum site....

"Dr Pepper has been a prolific producer of containers for their soft drinks over the years. Their bottle spread ranges from the old Hutchinson style to the modern day painted label bottle. Fifty two generations of painted label bottles have been cataloged, beginning with their first ACL bottle produced in 1955. "

I'm almost positive I saw a couple on ebay a year or two ago when someone was selling their Dr. Pepper collection.

ncbred

Reaction score
some more info

"1885- W. B Morrison at the Old Corner Drug Store in Waco, TX, developed a distinctively flavored drink at his soda fountain. DR PEPPER was not sold in a bottle until 1888."

jays emporium

Reaction score
There is a Hutchinson embossed ARTESIA MFG. & BOTTLING CO. WACO, TEX. that was used as the first bottle to contain Dr Pepper but there has never been a Hutchinson found with the words "Dr Pepper" embossed.

ncbred

Reaction score
Did they have a paper label bearing the Dr. Pepper script? Maybe thats what I saw, one with a paper label.

jays emporium

Reaction score
There are some Dr Pepper labels out there that are sometimes glued on the early Artesia Hutch and crown bottles. I don't know if any have been found with original labels but that is possible. The first bottles to actually be embossed "Dr Pepper" are the King of Beverages BIM crown top and one variation of the Thief Waco/St Louis BIM crown top.

ncbred

Reaction score
up to $400 now...reserve still not met.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu