Busted up Dr. Pepper bringing $300+ on ebay right now....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

athometoo

Reaction score
finding the bottom half of a dr pepper king bottle started this for me . i said if i ever dig one i will throw my shovel down and go home . sam

ncbred

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: celerycola

This exact bottle turned up at the Columbia SC bottle show last month and no one, including Georgia Crown Soda Book authors Ken Nease and Carl Barnet had ever heard of it. The bottler name embossed, James Ray's Sons, had gone out of business by about 1912. No other machine made bottle for James Rays Sons has been found.

Must have been their pops...

http://cgi.ebay.com/JAMES-RAY-SAVANNAH-GA-BEER-SODA-MINERAL-WATER-BOTTLE_W0QQitemZ380214722114QQcategoryZ1350QQcmdZViewItem

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
In case you haven't noticed yet, the e-Bay auction for this bottle closed yesterday (3-14-10) with a winning bid of $500.00! I wonder what it would have sold for had it been in mint condition?

SODAPOPBOB

Dr Pepper bottle man

Reaction score
This exact bottle turned up at the Columbia SC bottle show last month and no one, including Georgia Crown Soda Book authors Ken Nease and Carl Barnet had ever heard of it. The bottler name embossed, James Ray's Sons, had gone out of business by about 1912. No other machine made bottle for James Rays Sons has been found.

Does anyone have any pics of this bottle or know who bought so I canget some pics, thanx, Doyle

Dr Pepper bottle man

Reaction score
The Artesian Manf and Bottling Co. Waco Texas never had a hutch bottle. They had a blob top, Baltimore Loop, and a Twitchell and a small crown top. The Artesian Co started bottling Dr Pepper in 1891 in Waco, Texas.

Attachments

• blob1.jpg
    blob1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 393
  • blob3 (2).jpg
    blob3 (2).jpg
    28 KB · Views: 387
  • artesian3.jpg
    artesian3.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 370
  • twictchell.artesian.jpg
    twictchell.artesian.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 365
  • Artesian crown top 3.jpg
    Artesian crown top 3.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 364
  • Artesian 2.jpg
    Artesian 2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 361

Dr Peppert Sam

Reaction score
I recently found and bought a James Ray Dr Pepper KoB bottle. Does anyone on here know of another or about the history of it?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi