C. L. Flaccus Glass Co

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

crhamilt

Reaction score
One of the two old bottles found on our property near Anderson, TX. I think they're from the C. L Flaccus Glass Co, they have the shielded "F" on the bottom but no other info. Any Idea what this might be?

Attachments

• C. L. Flaccus Glass Co Bottom View.jpg
    C. L. Flaccus Glass Co Bottom View.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 73
  • C. L. Flaccus Glass Co Side View.jpg
    C. L. Flaccus Glass Co Side View.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 69

willong

Reaction score
One of the two old bottles found on our property near Anderson, TX. I think they're from the C. L Flaccus Glass Co, they have the shielded "F" on the bottom but no other info. Any Idea what this might be?
Shape is very similar to catsup bottles produced a little earlier in the 20th century.

Edit: I forgot to say: Welcome to Antique-Bottles.net!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Yes, they had condiments, pickles, olives and fruit jars (one with an embossment error). There's a thread from earlier this year, maybe Spring, complete with pics of the paper labels...

DavidW

Reaction score
Hi crhamilt,

Welcome to the site!! That mark is hard to make out in your pic, but actually I think it is supposed to be an "F inside a Hexagon" which was the mark used by Fairmount Glass Company of Indianapolis (not Flaccus). They used the mark on gobs of bottles and jars from 1933 to around 1968.

I have a similar ketchup bottle with the "F in a hexagon" mark placed near the "12:00" position on the base, with a mold number placed near the 6 o'clock position.

From searching the web, although an "F inside a keystone" has been said to be a mark used by C. L. Flaccus, I can't find a single actual bottle mentioned anywhere that has been documented to carry that mark. It is said to have been recorded on the bottom of milk bottles...... that may or may not be true.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis