C.W. Herwig Schiedam Aromatic Schnapps

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Shellbay

Reaction score
568B1ABB-999D-45D1-817E-7103C45C8AD3.jpeg

Shellbay

Reaction score
The first thing I do is scrape off those pesky barnacles!

Shellbay

Reaction score
Hi Shellbay!

A very cool collection all around. I must say though, from what I've seen, some think they're worth more with the barnacles. --In any case its just a matter of preference. As long as you're on the southern flank don't forget the older Spanish treasure galleon wreck wash ups, and keep wearing the reflectors. I've been wearing them for years too. :cool: ... Hey, how about a Dutch gin bot for your next find?
If the bottle was a slick, I would probably leave them. They make for a more interesting bottle. Just my two cents. We don't get barnacles in Missouri for some reason. Ha ha.
I’m new to hunting (about 6 months), not sure what a slick is? I never considered keeping the barnacles on....... going hunting tomorrow on my kayak- will keep a few “natural” . People really like them with the barnacles? I guess since almost every bottle I find has at least 1 or 2 on them (some completely covered) I didn’t realize it was “a thing”.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Yo! Ho! Shellbay,

Slick- Smooth, no embossment or other traceable info.

Aye, you can bank on that "thing," matte. And be you in the tropics long enough, you might need a bigger boat. ARrrr!/congrats. --L

THE BEAR

Reaction score
Hello! This is my first post and I’m hoping someone can help. I found this bottle in Guantanamo Bay several months ago. It’s quite similar to a Udolpho Wolfe bottle (found one of those today). I did a bit of research and was not able to find much on this bottle. I couldn’t even find a picture of it. Is anyone one familiar with CW Herwig?

Thank you!View attachment 235111
Great way to take a picture, on shells.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
It looks a lot like Shellbay's bot on p1. Might have been intended for an ethnic German customer community nearby. Maybe the same bottle maker too. Then along comes TR... (We could use him today. :))

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
First things first- welcome! That pretty bottle is right up my alley. And I love the way you photographed it. Creative, and it would help prop it up to catch the right light on the embossment for pix? Good job. Sweet bottle, too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shellbay

Reaction score
Yo! Ho! Shellbay,

Slick- Smooth, no embossment or other traceable info.

Aye, you can bank on that "thing," matte. And be you in the tropics long enough, you might need a bigger boat. ARrrr!/congrats. --L
To clean or not to clean?? Bottle #2 is what the embossing is. This one has a huge chunk of coral attached to it
53645A25-B874-49B5-9AA4-B0CA364EBC9E.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 83

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members