CAN ANYONE REALLY BE THIS STUPID?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
I suppose it is just a cycle. It wasnt that long ago that Carters colored cone inks were going for big dollars. Over the long haul prices level out. Great bottles will always get great money, good stuff gets good money etc. Sometimes there is someone who comes along with more money then brains. They tend to go from one collection to another. We know what bottles are worth and know what they should cost. Guys like this are uninformed and they really dont care. But in time they will disappear.

milkglassbottles

Reaction score
This is scary!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=251042251773&nma=true&rt=nc&si=dTUN%252BiboCk0fDkuQX6gVhU7UW3M%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[:eek:] You bet it is!! ya could fall into that open bubble, for a nine hundred plus dollar bottle it shouldnt have an open bubble at all!!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: milkglassbottles

This is scary!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=251042251773&nma=true&rt=nc&si=dTUN%252BiboCk0fDkuQX6gVhU7UW3M%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
Same two bidders with a new one in the mix, seems like a great time to make some money if you have any that are just sitting gathering dust in the basment or attic in boxes...

Lordbud

Reaction score
I've always bought bottles because I liked them. Except one I bought that I knew would do well when I sold it. It did do well. But hey one big win in a whole lifetime of collecting. Hardly that big of a deal.

milkglassbottles

Reaction score
These are common bottles but they're nice; I even have a run of 7 and they're not even white. I just can't for the life of me, justify paying 3 times the value for an obtainable bottle.

justanolddigger

Reaction score
Look at the successful bidders name, you'd think he'd know better? LOL
yes, his name is lqcwishart , he seems to me to be very selective, buys about two or three of these in a year, very unusual colors & variants. I would bet he has been collecting them for a very long time and is filling runs. Who is to say how much is too much for rare colors & variants? Who among us has not overpaid for a bottle we really want, may have been looking for for years? I think it is a little mean to call these people "stupid". He is building a collection in his own way, it is his own right, his money, if he wants to spend it, what's the problem with that? I agree with Jim, if you have one of these sitting around, maybe it's time to take advantage & sell it.

appliedlips

Reaction score
Id say that last example is a great color, one I have not seen. Bill's right, why bother worrying what other people are buying. There are obtainable coins and other collectibles that bring much more money. Good antique bottles are still undervalued and if folks enjoy them, let em pay what they will.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado