Can anyone tell me how old any of these bottles r

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Velma payne

Reaction score
20210308_202614.jpg

Ssys sharp & dohme philadelphia
20210308_202632.jpg
premier
20210308_202653.jpg
it has measurements on the end sides

treeguyfred

Reaction score
First one is a medical chemist bottle From Baltimore Maryland, they are common in amber less so in cobalt and safire blues. 1880's
here's a link to a site that gives some history about the pharmaceutical company- https://baybottles.com/2016/11/06/sharp-dohme-baltimore

second bottle is a food bottle, I may be wrong, but I believe Premiers are all ABM early to mid 20th century

third bottle is called a script or prescription bottle. Some call them pharmacy bottles. They come hand blown and ABM, yours appears ABM
the graduations you spoke of are intended to assist in dosing, they mark off ounces or centiliters.

...and now I wish to ask.... WTF is on them? :p It kinda reminds me of sprayed cement...
~Fred

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
What is that stuff? High traffic concrete paint? Can you get it off? I agree with Fred, a textured paint of some kind. Paint stripper should take it off if it bothers you. Cool stuff still none the less!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

embe

Reaction score
Lol, ok, so I'm not the only one wondering.. The embossing even shows thru on the second one. One of my kids likes those deep-fried corn dogs, which is the first thing that crossed my mind.

Nice old bottles

Velma payne

Reaction score
First one is a medical chemist bottle From Baltimore Maryland, they are common in amber less so in cobalt and safire blues. 1880's
here's a link to a site that gives some history about the pharmaceutical company- https://baybottles.com/2016/11/06/sharp-dohme-baltimore

second bottle is a food bottle, I may be wrong, but I believe Premiers are all ABM early to mid 20th century

third bottle is called a script or prescription bottle. Some call them pharmacy bottles. They come hand blown and ABM, yours appears ABM
the graduations you spoke of are intended to assist in dosing, they mark off ounces or centiliters.

...and now I wish to ask.... WTF is on them? :p It kinda reminds me of sprayed cement...
~Fred
I found them down by the river they washed up out of a dump near by I think

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I found them down by the river they washed up out of a dump near by I think
They look early 1900's. Thats 100 years at least! They could be from fill used to raise the level of the road. My area is like that also look just past a sharp bend in the river or after a washout. Usually a hurricane is enough to washout a load of goodies.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94