can `o marbles.....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pchan

Reaction score
Saw some guys demolishing a house yesterday so I asked if they`d found any bottle....nope they said. Rode my bike past again today, the big machines were idle today...so I went over and asked if I could look around, sure they said, no problem. Found some old ceramic insulators....and this.....I took the pic before I got them out to clean em, light was fading fast so I had to snap quickly....anyways, there were 225 inside the can. Sorted by size and letting them dry off.....

IMG_9992_zps734500a4.jpg

pchan

Reaction score
well, took them out and soaked them in water but....some have rust stains so now I have to find a way to get rid of that....any suggestions? I tried to wipe them with bleach which removed a little but not all of the rust. Got them soaking in a water and bathtub cleaner liquid.....that stuff works for rusty nylon string guitar tuners....but they`re metal so we`ll see what happens.

epackage

Reaction score
Muriatic acid bath will remove all the rust

pchan

Reaction score
thanks....I`ll see if I can find that in Japanese. Went back to show the guys some photos of the things we collect and they said they`d call me when they go on sites to demolish houses so if they do, I might be able to find some stuff I otherwise would not have the chance to. It would be to their advantage to because they would get more money by selling to me that they would just selling to the scrap yard. I`ll keep yas posted.

sunrunner

Reaction score
Re: RE: can `o marbles.....

y is the photos deleted?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu