CAN THIS CONETOP CAN BE SAVED?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

embe

Reaction score
No Doubt! How did you get the crushed cans normal shape again (I'm guessing compressed air or some type of voodoo?)

hemihampton

Reaction score
Like this one stepped on & smashed flat? before & after.
flattenedmartincone.JPG
martinscleaned.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
I don't want to hijack this post. if anybody wants to see more on beer can info check out my post in here, WARNING though, it's very long with like 62 pages & 20,000 views. Click link below. LEON.

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
Well thanks everyone and you too Leon for all the info. Unfortunately the can had red paint that just wasn't hearty enough to save. The old white enamel they painted over the can with was VERY thick (probably 3 coats!) and it adhered to the red underneath too good. The other colors saved much better as you can see.
DSCN2136.JPG
DSCN2137.JPG
I used what I use on stripping old model cars of bad paint, brake fluid, because of its' mildness. It just wasn't to be on this can anyway. Maybe on the next one things will go better. Thanks again everyone. Leon you are truly an artisan working on those old cans!

hemihampton

Reaction score
GLASSHOPPER55, That's to bad, that's a good can. if it was done right & came out good that would of probably been a $300 can give or take $100.

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
GLASSHOPPER55, That's to bad, that's a good can. if it was done right & came out good that would of probably been a $300 can give or take $100.
10-4 the red paint used is just too fragile and that white paint was slopped on really thick. That can is from South Bend which is about 30 miles east of me so it's a can we see from time to time. I know someone who has one, and I see there's one on Ebay now. Thanks again and maybe next time we'll have better luck.

GLASSHOPPER

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora