Can you remove things from a river in Texas?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Fenndango

Reaction score
I think you're supposed to report any finds to the state but I know a guy who found the BIG dump on Connecticut River in Springfield about 10 years ago (Coldwaterdiver knows who). They started donating local meds and such to the historical society but I guess stopped when the historical society showed little to no interest.

Just do it ✓

willong

Reaction score
Update: there is not a locomotive cab roof there. It is just a part of the old bridge. It's a situation which is both sad and good. Sad, because I would love to own anything of the S.A.&A.P.R.R. Especially a cab roof. And thankfully, because I don't have to worry about legal issues.
I appreciate update.

jc_john1

Reaction score
If you got the local boy scout troop to do a river side clean up (let them clean up the areas along the river ... not in the river) and you personally happen to pull those items out of the river as part of the clean up can anyone say anything? If anyone does say somehing you are just being environmentally friendly?!?

Timelypicken

Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with it. If they ask just say you were picking up trash in the river

relic rescuer

Reaction score
I took a few "no trespassing" signs from the river under a railroad bridge the other day, plenty of people saw, nobody asked. I am in Massachusetts, so very different landscape, but in general I think most people will just be glad they don't have to pick up the trash themselves. There will always be sticklers in law enforcement but to me, it seems like your pieces have been down there so long that nobody would care. Just speculation here though.
Pretty sure that was illegal, on two counts, because you had to trespass to get them. it is illegal to trespass on any railroad property, although people do it all the time.

Last edited:

FreeRangeAsparagus

Reaction score
Pretty sure that was illegal, on two counts, because you had to trespass to get them. it is illegal to trespass on any railroad property, although people do it all the time.

Sorry, I should have mentioned this in my post, oops. The tracks have been abandoned and turned into a walking trail. There are no trains running there now. Not sure when they closed or how long the signs were in the water but there's a lot of rusty train-related trash in that section of river.

Fenndango

Reaction score
We have tons of the rail-2-trail systems in this area and it's quite nice. I look for the insulators.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu