Canada-Crush brown factory samples.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Michael hello, and thank you. I was hoping you would come across this post. So the bottles came up out of the USA, so much of our top Canadian bottles and soda stuff end up down there. The fellow I got them from in turn got them from a lady that worked for Crush. How she came into possession I'm not positive but the seller did provide this memo note dated 1979 that she gave to him when he purchased them.
Note it's from Pure Spring Canada ltd. And that makes sense being they were owned by Crush.

In my 33 years I've never known of these.

1606977876079.png

mrosman

Reaction score
Nice to hear from you.... those bottle are really interesting, and as I said, I have NEVER seen anything like them... Interesting, at college in Ottawa, I worked three years as a chemist at Pure Spring Company Ltd., - their head office at that time, but all I knew then was sticking my hand into a freezing, ice filled cooler and pulling out an amber,krinkly Orange Crush - after school of course.
Regards, Michael

RCO

Reaction score
i came across a couple crush ads from the late 60's when searching thru some old newspapers , these 3 are all from the credit valley bottling works in Georgetown Ontario

one features 3 new flavours - lime , grape and grapefruit in brown bottles

crush.png
crush1.png
crush2.png
crush3.png
crush4.png

tsims

Reaction score
Well they did not continue to make the brown after 1955 when the new clear glass Mae West design was released. These brown bottles were miss dated as being from 1956-57 when in fact they did not come out until 1965. It was a back by popular demand advertising campaign.
To date I have not seen a 1964 or 67 regular production bottle, other than what I've shown for factory samples.
So the 1964 samples were test bottles for the 1965 release....pretty significant to be able to document these.

Orange Crush-back in the brown bottle- Nanaimo Daily News, 28 Jun 1965, Mon, Page 13
View attachment 214881

Orange Crush-Nanaimo Bottling- Nanaimo Daily News, 04 Sep 1965, Sat, Page 42
View attachment 214882
Here is another one i ran across as well

Attachments

• Nanaimo Bottling Works.jpg
    Nanaimo Bottling Works.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 88

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads