Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Canada Dated Coca-Cola

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
didn't take long to clean as they weren't that dirty , found another 30's hobbleskirt from 37 .

but the big find of the day was a complete shocker , knew I had pulled out a coca cola bottle due to its shape but when I realised what coca cola bottle I had found . just about didn't believe my eyes and wanted to dance on the dock but were some boats around so decided not to.

its an aqua blue in colour and has " trade mark registered " and " bottle pat 'd Nov 16 1915 " on front
on back " trade mark registered " and Min contents 6 fl ozs .
has some obvious condition issues , such as damaged to top lip of the bottle and some wear and other marks but very old coca cola bottle for this area
P7120005.jpg

Canadacan

Sep 21, 2014
British Columbia
Yea!...nice......these are Canada's first hobble skirts...1917-1919..ish, very short lived. Mine is mold #1......dose it have a mold #?...should be on the lower rib in line with 'NOV' on the patent side.

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
Yea!...nice......these are Canada's first hobble skirts...1917-1919..ish, very short lived. Mine is mold #1......dose it have a mold #?...should be on the lower rib in line with 'NOV' on the patent side.
there is a 6 on the lower bottom area , didn't see any other numbers on it . its got a nice colour to it . most coca cola bottles are clear

not that familiar with the early hobble skirts , how rare is this bottle compared to other coca cola bottles ? I was pretty surprised when I realised what I had just pulled out of the lake .

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
a pic of it in the window , looks a bit different , has some weird marks in the bottle , wonder if the severe winters caused them ? have found other really old bottles in lakes with same marks before

P7130002.jpg

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
That's a fantastic find! It's odd that those always seem to be damaged, but I think it may be because of the poor quality of the glass they used. There's a certain type of generic soda bottle from around the same era, a clear 10oz, which also has those inner cracks and a bunch of chips whenver I see a dug example.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadJam4u