Canadian Art Deco Wanted

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

new2bottles

Reaction score
This one, in particular.
9C40E6CB-EBEA-40DE-80C8-714BFCFDDEB8.jpeg

RCO

Reaction score
there is actually a fair number of embossed and art deco bottles from Canada . I've identified a fair number over the years . although many I only have pictures of or seen at bottle shows/antique stores .

the bottle in picture is from North Bay Ontario , whats your reason for wanting that one in particular ? I wouldn't describe it as rare but doesn't seem to be that easy to find

Macdonalds beverages was the main bottler in that area for a long period of time , is a fair number of there bottles out there

RCO

Reaction score
it would help if there was a more specific list of brands or bottles you were looking for

our bottle/antique shows were all cancelled in 2020 cause of covid and its not clear if they'll even be allowed to have any in 2021 or if organizers have any interest in attempting to have one either way . so options to find bottles for sale are limited .

is a couple small antique stores in the North Bay area but there not really big on bottles and I'd imagine hard to find local bottles would sell quick if any did appear . I sometimes go up that way buts its winter and with covid I'm not really sure when I'd make it up there . either way will keep an eye out for one

RCO

Reaction score
I believe its from Montreal Quebec , appears to have also been briefly sold in Ottawa Ontario as its listed in my book but pretty sure it was based out of Montreal , its from the 40's era, seen a few before during my travels in antique stores but don't have one

greendirt330

Reaction score
Thanks RCO, if any of you folks collecting Canadian bottles need it let me know !

RCO

Reaction score
This one, in particular.

was up in North Bay on the weekend , obviously didn't come back with this bottle . however I did discover a good lead . is a new buy and sell store downtown .

owner has some bottles for sale in the store from 40's - 60's era and has local bottles from that area . was talking to him and he said that he has many more bottles stored somewhere else. so I'm curious to find out what else he has as it appears he has a large assortment of bottles from that area and gradually trying to resell them

but not really sure when i'll get back there , it sounds like were going into some sort of covid lockdown here and stores might not even be open Jan and not clear when they will re open ? but hope to see the rest of the bottles he has eventually

RCO

Reaction score
not sure if your still looking for an orange dandy bottle but I noticed there is one on ebay for $15 plus shipping , its the one with the 1924 patent date

orangedandyN2.jpg
orangedandyN.jpg

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum