Canadian Champion Co Ltd art deco bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
since I was using a picture of this bottle as my " main imagine " for the time being , though I'd repost the bottle in case anyone wondered about how I acquired it . I originally found it in the fall of 2014 at an antique mall in southern Ontario and bottle was mentioned in a post about some bottles I found that fall .

somewhat mysterious bottle , never seen anything remotely similar since I found it in 2014 so assuming its pretty rare .

is a listing in Ontario pop bottlers list book for " Canadian Champion co ltd , Toronto Ontario " says that operated from 1931-32 and produced aerated waters .

bottle is marked on bottom as being made by " dominion glass " with a design registered date of Dec 29 1930

canadianchampion.JPG

canadianchampion1.JPG

Canadian Champion co ltd on front side and " drink for health "contents 6 fl oz on back

Canadacan

Reaction score
I have a couple bottles similar from western Canada, but not identical. So hard to say if it was a generic design.

RCO

Reaction score
I have a couple bottles similar from western Canada, but not identical. So hard to say if it was a generic design.
alot of bottlers used bottles which were the same or very similar back then , especially in Canada there seems to be a lot of generic designs , especially bottles made by dominion and consumers glass

I haven't seen any other bottles in the exact shape as this one or that had drink for health on back

RCO

Reaction score
do you have any pictures of the other bottles ? be curious to see how similar they were

also not sure if I mentioned this bottle isn't listed in Dean Axelson's book on Toronto embossed and etched bottles , maybe not a surprise he missed a couple from smaller short lived bottlers

however his book does mention several others from Toronto who used similar names
-Canadian beverages ltd
- Canadian beverage co
- Canadian carbonate ltd
- Canadian extract and supply co
- Canadian mineral water co

but all his entries for those bottlers say they had no known bottles , but there all listed as having operated in Toronto so perhaps some of them used paper labels or produced products related to bottling but not a bottle in there name ?

Canadacan

Reaction score
So I checked what I had and they are not the same...only some similarities. I know my Kelowna is generic, the Lions does not match...I can't remember if it was a generic though.

20191221_005154.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
the Kelowna bottle is a generic design made by dominion glass and used by many bottlers in Canada , especially Ontario

the lions bottle has some similarities and likely from the same time period , but obviously not the same design , not sure if its generic , tough to say if I've seen others in the same style

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yeah I have at least six bottles in the Kelowna style...all western Canada, and I bet I only have a third of them out there.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi