Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

capers bottle

Drift

Dec 7, 2018
Peoria, IL
I think you're on the right track with that ID. Welcome to the forum! That's a beautiful bottle. I would definitely keep checking that creek. If you see any ravines leading into it while walking next time, eye them for glass. I've found a bunch of dumps that way.

Edit: I recognize your avatar bottle from Reddit! Glad you decided to join us here.

creekcapers

Sep 14, 2020
I think you're on the right track with that ID. Welcome to the forum! That's a beautiful bottle. I would definitely keep checking that creek. If you see any ravines leading into it while walking next time, eye them for glass. I've found a bunch of dumps that way.

Edit: I recognize your avatar bottle from Reddit! Glad you decided to join us here.
Ha! Yup, that's me. Glad to be here!

The creek is starting to get a little too cold for me to dig - hoping for another couple of warm days. Once the fall hits, I'm plannning to trace the creek up to the next block of homes. It's pretty wild, a tiny segment of creek in the middle of a relatively well developed suburban area but it seems pretty untouched based on what I'm pulling up with minimal effort!

falls

Jul 22, 2012
Was on this site back in 2003. I remember the conversations about capers bottles and what a caper was. Lots of input at the time from Harry.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msdiablo77