capers bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

creekcapers

Reaction score
Pretty sure I have an ID on this - but curious if anyone here had additional info. I believe to be a late 1800's bottle for capers. Found in a creek in Maine.

I have more bottles from the same creek- but everything else has been found broken!

Attachments

• capers 2.JPG
    capers 2.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 202
  • capers 1.JPG
    capers 1.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 193

Drift

Reaction score
I think you're on the right track with that ID. Welcome to the forum! That's a beautiful bottle. I would definitely keep checking that creek. If you see any ravines leading into it while walking next time, eye them for glass. I've found a bunch of dumps that way.

Edit: I recognize your avatar bottle from Reddit! Glad you decided to join us here.

creekcapers

Reaction score
I think you're on the right track with that ID. Welcome to the forum! That's a beautiful bottle. I would definitely keep checking that creek. If you see any ravines leading into it while walking next time, eye them for glass. I've found a bunch of dumps that way.

Edit: I recognize your avatar bottle from Reddit! Glad you decided to join us here.

Ha! Yup, that's me. Glad to be here!

The creek is starting to get a little too cold for me to dig - hoping for another couple of warm days. Once the fall hits, I'm plannning to trace the creek up to the next block of homes. It's pretty wild, a tiny segment of creek in the middle of a relatively well developed suburban area but it seems pretty untouched based on what I'm pulling up with minimal effort!

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Nice find! Capers for certain, but early 1800s, not late. A French import. Doesn't it have a pontil scar? My example was recovered in Florida.

capers_Languedoc.JPG

falls

Reaction score
Was on this site back in 2003. I remember the conversations about capers bottles and what a caper was. Lots of input at the time from Harry.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu