Capilano Springs Company, Vancouver BC

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Hi. 'Can' add a a couple more examples from Capilano Springs to this thread - along with some varieties of CP water cans as well as one generic tin.

Awesome!...this is great! So that's four variations from Capilano Springs...here's my CP line up. We used to stand by the tracks when we were kids with a paper sign that read 'water please' and the slower passing engines would throw us a couple cans, none of these are from that time as I never saved them.

20210308_171656.jpg

Crushy

Reaction score
Awesome!...this is great! So that's four variations from Capilano Springs...here's my CP line up. We used to stand by the tracks when we were kids with a paper sign that read 'water please' and the slower passing engines would throw us a couple cans, none of these are from that time as I never saved them.

View attachment 220776
Similar to the CP cans I have although the variety of can content sizes is interesting. BTW for anyone who's interested, the cans I had in the picture are available, along with several dozen more CDN pop and juice cans I'm downsizing. Also like the stuff you have behind your cans as a collector of Orange Crush and AB pop. Cheers

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Cool finds! Never saw these when I was in BC. Only place I can remember seeing canned water is in emergency ration kits. I'm a bit surprised it hasn't come back since cans are (marginally) better for the environment than plastic bottles.

That's funny, only a couple weeks after posting that I was in the supermarket yesterday and saw canned water for the first time!

Canadacan

Reaction score
That's funny, only a couple weeks after posting that I was in the supermarket yesterday and saw canned water for the first time!
Now I gota look see if I can find canned water out here on the west coast!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora