Carling Red Cap Ale. NDNR.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I picked this Bottle up recently. Not in my specialty but I liked it. Anybody know anything about it? Common or Rare? anybody else have one or seen one before? 1965 Harvard Class of 1940 25th Reunuion. LEON.

RedCapFront25th.JPG
RedCapBack25th.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
I think there was a guy in here that collected this type of Bottle, RoyalRuby I think he called himself? Wondering if he'll chime in? Leon.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
I think there was a guy in here that collected this type of Bottle, RoyalRuby I think he called himself? Wondering if he'll chime in? Leon.
Sorry Leon, I haven't been here a whole lot lately. I did see that same Red Cap bottle go through eBay recently, maybe you? I don't have that bottle but was watching the others that went through eBay. I mainly just wanted to see what it would sell for if at all. I don't really collect reunion or commemorative bottles, I was the same way when I collected cans, I mainly stick to the brand releases as they were sold to the public. I think I have one or two that really weren't sold as a public release, one of my Pabst bottles comes to mind. I'm not sure if these Pabst were sold as filled bottles to the public or not, I haven't found much info about them. I'm thinking that this Pabst bottle was nothing more than just a commemorative employee hand out.
20230319_060230.jpg
20230319_060246.jpg

Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought that one that was just on ebay. Thought it was interesting & liked it. thought it went cheap but really don't know as I never seen another at Auction but don't look for them. Never seen your Pabst, seems interesting also. LEON.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought that one that was just on ebay. Thought it was interesting & liked it. thought it went cheap but really don't know as I never seen another at Auction but don't look for them. Never seen your Pabst, seems interesting also. LEON.
I think that Red Cap bottle went through a couple times before you bought it, I came close to buying it the first time it went through.

hemihampton

Reaction score
After looking through ebay completed Auctions it looks like it only showed up that one time. if listed before it had to be over 3 months ago as ebay only goes back 3 months for completed or sold Auctions. Leon.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
After looking through ebay completed Auctions it looks like it only showed up that one time. if listed before it had to be over 3 months ago as ebay only goes back 3 months for completed or sold Auctions. Leon.
Pretty sure it went through (relisted) once or maybe a second time before you bought it.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
I found this listing as well, maybe it was these that I was thinking of. There are two versions of the bottle, 1940 and 1941.
s-l1600 (99).jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi