Cathedral Picke repro. at least they're honest

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
That's the sad part. It will be back on ebay or in a shop as the real thing. They'll wait awhile but I think it will happen.
I used to believe that people are inherently good. I've found different unfortunately.
No one here of coarse.

glass man

Reaction score
IF I SAW THAT AT AN ANTIQUE MALL FOR 50 BUCKS...I WOULD PROBABLY BE SO EXCITED I WOULD THINK IT WAS REAL AND BUY IT BEFORE MY HEAD COULD CATCH UP WITH MY HEART!! DANG THAT IS PURTY...EVEN THOUGH A REPRO...WHO THE HECK MADE IT I WONDER?? JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
MAN IT IS HUGE!! BIGGER THEN THE CARS IN THE PIC!! [8D] JAMIE

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I know who made them and I ain't tellin'. Several have been sold in the past few years.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I know who made them and I ain't tellin'. Several have been sold in the past few years.
That's fine, as long as the chain of honesty continues.
I prefer a repro to be made to look repro or a commemorative even better.
Even as a reenactment piece, I never saw a need for pontils. That's just unnecessary. They could at least mark the stuff as ?? factory or fake.
I've made repro labels and while they wouldn't fool anyone on examination, I still mark them clearly as fake or copy or whatever.
Caveat emptor I suppose but I still don't like it.

ncbred

Reaction score
Beautiful bottle! Apparantly the maker of the bottle is deceased and there were only 10 made. 4 in that color and 6 in different colors. Makes it sound like it was just a local glassmaker reproducing the item and not some company. Would make it worth a little bit more than your average repro imo. Just like with pottery.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960