Cathedral pickle found at the thrift store

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Went to a thrift store yesterday for the first time in a while, I barely even check for bottles anymore since it's so unusual to find anything of interest. I almost passed this one by since at first glance it looked like some sort of Pier One Imports decorative bottle among the other vases and things. I'm really not very familiar with cathedral pickles, they don't often show up in Canada. Still not 100% certain this one is legit but it looks pretty good to my untrained eye. Anyone know any more about it than I do? Even if it turns out to be a repro I'm not too concerned since it only cost me $3.75, but I've got a good feeling about it. It's a really big bottle too, over 13 inches tall.
DSC_0548.JPG
DSC_0551.JPG

DSC_0554.JPG

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Harry! Glad to get the confirmation that it's a genuine 19th century bottle, I figured it probably was but it just seemed to unlikely to find one in a thrift store. Shame it's not one of the more valuable ones but hey, for four bucks I can hardly complain!

Bohdan

Reaction score
Went to a thrift store yesterday for the first time in a while, I barely even check for bottles anymore since it's so unusual to find anything of interest. I almost passed this one by since at first glance it looked like some sort of Pier One Imports decorative bottle among the other vases and things. I'm really not very familiar with cathedral pickles, they don't often show up in Canada. Still not 100% certain this one is legit but it looks pretty good to my untrained eye. Anyone know any more about it than I do? Even if it turns out to be a repro I'm not too concerned since it only cost me $3.75, but I've got a good feeling about it. It's a really big bottle too, over 13 inches tall.
View attachment 211965View attachment 211966
View attachment 211967

Nice. I guess you're going to make a donation to the good volunteers at the thrift store, Aren't you?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice. I guess you're going to make a donation to the good volunteers at the thrift store, Aren't you?
This was one of the for-profit thrift stores, so I'm honestly not sure how that would even be possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky