Cavalier Ginger Ale Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

48Chief

Reaction score
Hello,

Just about 30 years ago, a golf course that opened in the mid 20's in Livonia Michigan closed. It was called Northville Golf Club, though it was not in Northville. It had a club house on the corner of 7 mile and Newburgh that had not been really used for many years. After it was sold and scheduled to be knocked down, my dad and I went to explore. In the basement was a bar, and behind it we found two ginger ale bottles amid a sea of empty modern gin bottles. One is pictured here. It says it is from the Cavalier Products Co., Detroit. I've heard that Cavalier was really a Canadian company. So, if anyone has information on the relationship, I would be interested. I've always liked the label, which states that this pale dry ginger ale has "All the Balminess of a Tropical Garden" and a picture of a palm tree by the water. It is a green glass bottle, marked with an underlined 28-S on the bottom.

cav1 IMG_E4272.jpg

cav2 IMG_E4268.jpg

cav3 IMG_4278.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
neat bottle pretty sure it has no connection to Canada though ,

there is some cavalier cans from Canada but they'd have no connection to that bottle , don't look at all similar or use the same name

not sure of the exact age of your bottle , it could be from the 40's or 50's , never really seen it before or a label at all similar

48Chief

Reaction score
Thanks RCO. I looked through ebay and found some more pics related to Cavalier out of Detroit.
On the cap, note the slight difference in how the C is executed. The lower case a as well. Actually all the letters. The box matches the bottle better.

cav cap s-l1600.jpg

Cav box s-l1600.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis