CD 152 in Green with Amber Swirls, and a Lapp 1930 Porcelain.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
They made a large number in green, but none are-- oddly-- shown on the Hemingray site. Color can be accidental (such as that something got mixed in incorrectly,) or it's what was cheapest at the time-- "Attention all buyers: Such and such has a great deal on green glass!"Mine is likely chromium mixed with tin-oxide and arsenic or iron-oxide. Sulphur or sulphur/titanium is also mixed into the glass, and that makes the amber in it.Lots of odd things were used in glass-making, often slowly killing workers. This one's skirt is also not completely round. My hand hides that in the pic, but it bulges very noticeably. A sunnier day will happen, and I'll try to remember to show that.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Thanks, I've yet to find a complete one in an odd color, except a couple shards, a few years ago. So it's a incorrect chemical formulation. Or the glass maker used old and perishable materials, or surplus compounds out of necessity.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
You'll likely find one one day. The Green, as you may have been getting at in an earlier post, could have been made for a specific company if they for some reason ordered it in green.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Fenner%2Bpaper%2Blabel%2B012.JPG
Bulging side. ^
Fenner%2Bpaper%2Blabel%2B010.JPG
Green vortex. ^
Fenner%2Bpaper%2Blabel%2B006.JPG
Glass slashing along it. ^
Fenner%2Bpaper%2Blabel%2B008.JPG
Better presentation of the amber mixed into the green. ^Front.Back."Potstone."

MuddyMO

Reaction score
That's a great $4 find! One of my favorite colors, almost seems chartreuse in these 40's. These green CD152's are found probably all over. Could be accidental coloration, however I've encountered the ambered green Hemi 40 in the wild twice now (broken specimens on poles) on the SAME LINE. It could be the insulator that marks where there is a line drop, or possibly coincidental.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown