Champagne bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Logan

Reaction score
46E16415-BEF1-41A0-B66A-14F3ED46B8D7.jpeg
97CCCE13-F0EF-44E4-B97F-3AB64C38FF62.jpeg

I’m finding a few of these hand blown bottles I believe are champagne bottles. Wonder if these would be 1800’s bottles? They don’t have any mold lines and have applied tops. They also stand off kilter.

Last edited:

nhpharm

Reaction score
They were (in my experience) a "general use" bottle used for everything from alcohol to household cleaners and so forth and appear to date from the 1880's through the early 1920's. I've seen crates and crates of them in basements in New Hampshire, which makes me think people probably used them to bottle cider and things like that as well. They are extremely common, practically indestructible, and also unfortunately practically unsellable. Yours with the sea growth might have a bit of a market but I honestly leave them in the hole when I dig them. Hock wine bottles are taller and skinnier than these and do not have as much of a kick up.

Logan

Reaction score
They were (in my experience) a "general use" bottle used for everything from alcohol to household cleaners and so forth and appear to date from the 1880's through the early 1920's. I've seen crates and crates of them in basements in New Hampshire, which makes me think people probably used them to bottle cider and things like that as well. They are extremely common, practically indestructible, and also unfortunately practically unsellable. Yours with the sea growth might have a bit of a market but I honestly leave them in the hole when I dig them. Hock wine bottles are taller and skinnier than these and do not have as much of a kick up.
Thank you for the info. These are absolute tanks which is probably why I find so many. They age well in the sea floor.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18