Chance encounter leads to a good dig, and more in the future......

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Nice enema jar (not exclusively). Now you need the rest of it. FROM
022799FE3C254B55838D659943D0B763.jpg

Lordbud

Reaction score
Another amazing interesting story from Hannibal, MO. Digging a hole like that - solo - is darned impressive. Hope the vacant lot across the street pans out. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Well, I can't see the pictures yet but I can use my imagination. I'm in agreement with lordbud, im impressed you are digging alone. Are you using a pulley system to pull up buckets or was the hole shallow enough for you to toss the dirt out of the hole with your shovel? I wish you could have gotten more for your efforts but that's how it goes sometimes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you can locate a goldmine across the street and hit the mother load. I am looking forward to the in situ photos except for the penis pump.

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
My pulley "system" are my arms, back & legs, but it saves me on gym fees! Ha! I can still toss dirt out from the hole at 7 foot but then I have to resort to the bucket on a rope system. I can sometimes hire a helper to pull the bucket, but this out-of-town dig left me doin' it solo, and with a short time limit to boot! And Bass, I got 3 nice bottles that made it all worthwhile, esp. the Gun Wa's bottle. The keystone midget Mason's is nice and the green Pepsin Bitters has eluded and taunted me with 20+ broken ones over the past 3-4 years. Nice to finally check off the list! And no penis pump insitu shots. In fact, the insitu shots were fairly non-exciting finds, and as time became more and more a factor, I had to abandon the camera altogether. I might break down & get a go-pro for my x-mas present to myself. I was avoiding spending big $ for something I might not use much but then I thought I could stick it on one of my labs and let her run around with it on. Not much value found in this one, but hey, beats sittin' on the couch! At 64 it's more & more important for me to keep moving while I still can. Every season I find myself asking how much longer can I keep this up. I am curious how many know diggers still out there slinging dirt at 60+ years old! And I don't mean scratching around on surface dumps with potato rakes or following bull dozers, but digging deep privies? Just wondering out loud here. Most, no, ALL my old digging buddies have either retired from digging or died. Just lost another one this past July...... Just sayin' do it while you can, young or old, (just better when young, physically speaking.) Jack

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Hey, I just noticed I've been graduated to "bottle master" on the site! Funny, my recently deceased friend used to call me "The Master!" Only time he could make me blush! I always think I'm just luckier than shait! Jack

nhpharm

Reaction score
Love your stories! I do a ton of privy digging here in Texas and can relate to a lot of them!

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Love your stories! I do a ton of privy digging here in Texas and can relate to a lot of them!
Amen to that. Jack is a great storyteller. With his descriptions, he can make you feel like you was actually there!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hey, I just noticed I've been graduated to "bottle master" on the site! Funny, my recently deceased friend used to call me "The Master!" Only time he could make me blush! I always think I'm just luckier than shait! Jack
You can get rid of Senior member I think. I didn't want to try it for nostalgia and in case I couldn't get it back. It may just go away as the site gets worked on though.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch