Chapman's new local 6 pack

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

iggyworf

Reaction score
Here is a cool local 6 pack I recently got. 'Chapman's Beverages' from Saginaw Michigan. I am pretty sure I have the variations of bottles they put out but I didn't have any carriers. This came up on a local bidding site. I think I won it for less than 15$. Yrs ago I tried looking for info on this co. And only found a little bit. I contacted the Saginaw city offices for help, here is what they sent me.
'Your question about the Chapman Beverage Co. was forwarded to me. I work in the Local History and Genealogy Dept. at the Hoyt Library in downtown Saginaw. I found some information, but not much. Chapman Beverage Co. first appears in the Saginaw Directories in 1955 at 2975 Bay Rd. Up until that time , the directories did not include areas outside of the city. I gleaned some information from the obituaries of former owners. This is from the obit of John Q. Adams:
In 1939 he purchased a partnership in the Chapman Beverage Co., and in 1942 with his son, Wiliford E. Adams, became the owners of the company.
'John Q. Adams died in 1960. His son, Wilford, took over the business till he retired in 1971. Chapman's appears to go out of business in 1978.
You might want to contact the Saginaw Castle Museum, they have the old clippings files from
the Saginaw News.'

100_3904.JPG

100_3903.JPG

Here are my other bottles,

chapmans outside.jpg

also another 7 oz embossed,

chapmans beverages 7oz embossed 1930.jpg

Thanx for lookin!

RCO

Reaction score
there was also a Chapman's beverages in Nova Scotia , obviously not related to the one from Michigan but used a very similar name .
not related to bottles but there is a Chapman's Ice cream brand from Ontario still operating today as well .

hemihampton

Reaction score
I've seen a few Chapman's on ebay over the years but not sure if I ever dug one & not sure if I even have one in my collection. Impressive you have that many different variations. Congrats. LEON.

embe

Reaction score
Anything to indicate it wasn't from Canada?

iggyworf

Reaction score
there was also a Chapman's beverages in Nova Scotia , obviously not related to the one from Michigan but used a very similar name .
not related to bottles but there is a Chapman's Ice cream brand from Ontario still operating today as well .
I think this is the one from Canada.

chapmans canada.jpg

Thanx RCO and everybody!

embe

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw Saginaw MI on a few of the bottles and didn't know if they were all marked that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18