Charles Ellis

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Probably. They're Florida based, have quite a few that are without a doubt and this is the clincher, they're FB rating is 666.[:D]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It's the same seller I think that had the Wister's in that color awhile back. There was a post about them here also. Someone should just make a list.

diggerdirect

Reaction score
The word got out that 'Color is King' in the bottle world, but I think it is in the process of being de-Throned.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Color has been king for about 30 years that I know of, and it wont be dethroned by these sellers, cause the collectors who know bottles wont buy them. Hopefully the newbies will get some advice from us old guys who have been around for awhile and have just about seen it all. WITHOUT a DOUBT that bottle has been nuked, so don't buy it!! And any other bottle that is not known to be colored , is suspect. Ask an old timer, they know, and if you are not sure, pass it up..........

Road Dog

Reaction score
Exactly, I'm not up on my nuked colors. Back in the day there wasn't nuking,but I looked at what else they were selling and threw myself a flag. Thought I'd ask ya'll to be sure . Thanks alot Ya'll.

diggerdirect

Reaction score
"any other bottle that is not known to be colored , is suspect." My point exactly. I guess I'd be considered an 'old timer' even tho I hate to admit it, and true, we have seen alot, but that's alot of 'past tense', it wasn't until fairly recently that 'old timers' or anyone else realized anything other than clear could be artificially colored, or that convincing colors other than purple shades could be obtained. (with the exception of those doing the coloring), it seems way early to tell just exactly what is being altered these days, many of these colors coming out now are extremely hard to detect as artificial, even a group of 'old timers' in a room wouldn't all be in agreement, as proved time & again here & on other sites. Every year bottles are legitimately being dug in previously unknown colors to add to the mix. Its the influx of lower end or otherwise common bottles in the oddball colors that are seemingly being exploited the most. I also can't believe it is all 'newbs' that are shelling out these big bucks. When I seen this Ellis bottle I went into my files, as I've sold several exact same ones over the years, (aqua of course), hoping to get lucky and match up the bubbles. No luck this time, but one of these days It will happen, because if so thats fraud pure & simple in my book, and the tar 'n feathers are handy.

2find4me

Reaction score
Looks like about 99% of his bottles are nuked.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp