Charles River in October - Whiskey, Cokes, and a Slug!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

FreeRangeAsparagus

Reaction score
I finally found time last Friday to hit the river one last time before winter kicks in. Even with a wetsuit, the water was frigid. Who would have guessed? Swimming in the Charles in October might be a little cold. We've had so little rain over the past month that the Charles is very low. In some places, the water was only 6 inches deep and I bumped along as I swam. I didn't get the haul I wanted, but I pulled some nice ones anyway :)

A Callahan Whiskey with no neck. I can't find a lot on this bottle, unfortunate it is broken.
IMG_8383.JPG
IMG_8385.JPG

Evan's Ale, Hudson NY
IMG_8412.JPG
IMG_8415.JPG

A massive Canada Dry bottle. It used to have an ACL label but there is no residue to see on this bottle.
IMG_8390.JPG
IMG_8389.JPG

I pulled two of these. Based on the shields, I was thinking Canada Dry but I can't find any matching ones in my search.
IMG_8400.JPG
IMG_8401.JPG

I only pulled one piece of china, a W. S. George soap bar holder.
IMG_8363.JPG

A bottom with a crest and a "P" in it.
IMG_8375.JPG

I will post the rest of my finds as replies.

FreeRangeAsparagus

Reaction score
I will post the rest of my finds as replies.

3 Cokes; Boston, Sagamore, and Worcester respectively. The Boston is a 1938, my earliest Coke to date, and has the patent number embossed under the logo.
IMG_8394.JPG
IMG_8419.JPG

IMG_8422.JPG

Salt shaker? Either 837 or 337 on the bottom.
IMG_8405.JPG

A Hood's 1/2 pint milk bottle, one of my favorites from the trip. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, it got a few big cracks in it. Still together, just fragile now. It reads "HALF PINT," "121 REG," "SEALED UGP SS," and "LIQUID" around the bottom rim.
IMG_8426.JPG

IMG_8428.JPG

A large jar, similar in design to an Atlas E-Z Seal, but no mention of the brand. Some light googling returns that it is a Leotric fruit jar but it has no embossed name as most examples do.
IMG_8433.JPG

IMG_8435.JPG

Whatever this might be.
IMG_8368.JPG

IMG_8369.JPG

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky