Check this out!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Catcat16

Reaction score
Thats wild. I found a bunch of those glass power insulators in the old milk house here at my house just laying there. Maybe I'll have to pull them out and clean them up. Didnt even put much thought into them when I saw them, but after reading this forum for a week or so, they seem like a pretty good find!
Woop were that’s awesome! Yea your realllllly lucky. Some go for the usual 8 bucks but most of them I see online go for 30-80 bucks depending on how old and colors. I would cry if I walked in on that. When you clean them up I’d love to see your find!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Insulators are always good to find. Like cat mine are always cracked or chipped...you know broken in some way. I still bring em home if i can position it so you can't see the damage. One day i will find a whole one no chips or cracks. Until then may everything you dig be rare and whole!

deedoubleyou

Reaction score
Here were a few that were right by the door. There is a bunch of crap piled up in there, but I can see a bunch more of the blue glass ones at the back of the milkhouse on a table. But here are a couple I pulled out in quick time. And the ceramic insulators attached to a pole were in the garage. This entire property is like a trip back in time. I love it!

Attachments

• 20180219_140417.jpg
    20180219_140417.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 233
  • 20180216_104444.jpg
    20180216_104444.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 227
Last edited:

Catcat16

Reaction score
Insulators are always good to find. Like cat mine are always cracked or chipped...you know broken in some way. I still bring em home if i can position it so you can't see the damage. One day i will find a whole one no chips or cracks. Until then may everything you dig be rare and whole!

Hah so this is my level of desperation to have these... and they only look THAT good because I glued them. So imagine how I found them haha. At least yours have a good side, mines good sides look pretty rough and their bad side well, ....

Attachments

• 0D4A17F3-D37A-488D-A116-6DA69E502BFC.jpeg
    0D4A17F3-D37A-488D-A116-6DA69E502BFC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 247
  • 66C14AA8-3D36-4528-B55C-AAF596805B61.jpeg
    66C14AA8-3D36-4528-B55C-AAF596805B61.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 231

Catcat16

Reaction score
Here were a few that were right by the door. There is a bunch of crap piled up in there, but I can see a bunch more of the blue glass ones at the back of the milkhouse on a table. But here are a couple I pulled out in quick time. And the ceramic insulators attached to a pole were in the garage. This entire property is like a trip back in time. I love it!
Omgosh I LOVE THE TALL ONE. Actually they are all awesome. Like I said I’d cry. What color is the one in the back? If you want to sell any even your least favorite even a plain clear one let me know and or trade. I only say that cause I know you at least found it haha. Seems better to me for some reason rather then buying it from a no name online that doesn’t care about the stuff. No pressure though! I’ll find one one day! Now that I think about it I bet it would be super expensive to ship. That’s a bummer. Anywayyyys I found these yesterday. Now I have a pair of ceramic ones that aren’t broken. My blue pair has one that’s missing half :/ oh and I see you have some ceramic wheels? Funny I thought I was weird for spending 20 minutes trying to cut them out of some seriously rusted metal legs awhile ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 208

Catcat16

Reaction score
Another thing, I found pieces that look just like what you have in the second pic, I wonder if it’s the same as this...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 203

deedoubleyou

Reaction score
Omgosh I LOVE THE TALL ONE. Actually they are all awesome. Like I said I’d cry. What color is the one in the back? If you want to sell any even your least favorite even a plain clear one let me know and or trade. I only say that cause I know you at least found it haha. Seems better to me for some reason rather then buying it from a no name online that doesn’t care about the stuff. No pressure though! I’ll find one one day! Now that I think about it I bet it would be super expensive to ship. That’s a bummer. Anywayyyys I found these yesterday. Now I have a pair of ceramic ones that aren’t broken. My blue pair has one that’s missing half :/ oh and I see you have some ceramic wheels? Funny I thought I was weird for spending 20 minutes trying to cut them out of some seriously rusted metal legs awhile ago.

The other ones in that building look like the wide bottom blue one in the first pic I uploaded. There may be a couple of the taller ones too. There is so much old stuff crammed into there its hard to tell what else is under the junk/treasure lol. I think maybe more old milk bottles, but the big thing is a super old porcelain range I gotta some how move out of there to reach the back.

Im not against letting go of a couple of these. I bought an 1800s farm house loaded with crap like this, almost as if someone just walked away one day in 1980 and left everything here including their dishes and cookware. I cant even begin to describe the things in here. Stacks of magazines from the 50s and 60s. Hundreds of really old records. There was even an old grandfather clock and its gorgeous and works! The basement is packed full of old canning jars and milk bottles, and has another porcelain range and a beautiful old porcelain farm sink that is in excellent condition. They told me it was "full of junk". I'm finding that a lot of it isnt junk at all!

deedoubleyou

Reaction score
Another thing, I found pieces that look just like what you have in the second pic, I wonder if it’s the same as this...

Crap Ive seen a bunch of those little white ones over the hillside in the old farm dump and havent even picked them up. The brown ones attached to the pole are close to tennis ball size I'd say.

I'm learning a lot. This website is fantastic and I'll keep posting stuff as I find it that applies. This thread has piqued my interest in these insulators now lol!!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Hah so this is my level of desperation to have these... and they only look THAT good because I glued them. So imagine how I found them haha. At least yours have a good side, mines good sides look pretty rough and their bad side well, ....
They so look like mine
They look like mine exactly! Maybe better. One of mine i broke heating it up(i use heavy duty ovej cleaner). Well i got sidetracked when cleaning one and it over heated and broke into 10 pieces. Boo-hoo.

Catcat16

Reaction score
They so look like mine
They look like mine exactly! Maybe better. One of mine i broke heating it up(i use heavy duty ovej cleaner). Well i got sidetracked when cleaning one and it over heated and broke into 10 pieces. Boo-hoo.

what in the world kinda cleaner heats up... let alone enough to break glass? sounds like something that would be great to clean off my 3 year old son with.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18