Check this out!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Catcat16

Reaction score
The other ones in that building look like the wide bottom blue one in the first pic I uploaded. There may be a couple of the taller ones too. There is so much old stuff crammed into there its hard to tell what else is under the junk/treasure lol. I think maybe more old milk bottles, but the big thing is a super old porcelain range I gotta some how move out of there to reach the back.

Im not against letting go of a couple of these. I bought an 1800s farm house loaded with crap like this, almost as if someone just walked away one day in 1980 and left everything here including their dishes and cookware. I cant even begin to describe the things in here. Stacks of magazines from the 50s and 60s. Hundreds of really old records. There was even an old grandfather clock and its gorgeous and works! The basement is packed full of old canning jars and milk bottles, and has another porcelain range and a beautiful old porcelain farm sink that is in excellent condition. They told me it was "full of junk". I'm finding that a lot of it isnt junk at all!
You know what you just described to me..... heaven.... diggers heaven. Digging ain’t just for the ground my friend, I would kill to stumble upon what you’ve just described. That seems like you got super lucky. And it’s alllllll yours. It’s a treasure hunt! Personally, if it was me, I would have gone through it all in a few days. It’s just so much fun because when you look online and see how much it’s worth or find out it’s history.... and you just got it for free... it’s just the best feeling. Make sure to take pictures of your cool finds as you come across them. And yea if you ever see anything that I post that you like or have anything in particular your looking for just message me about a trade or I’ll buy one. No rush though. Just keep it in your head.

buriedtreasuretime

Reaction score
I agree when my dug bottles and crocks are priceless to me because I put in the effort and pulled a piece of history from the dirt it is an amazing feeling . It definitely makes it tough to put a price on something we are so passionate about that is why my collection just keeps growing haha .

I have six opalized 1889-1900 brown beer bottles my mom and I dug in northern Nevada when I was 14- I’m 65 now. They will never leave my sight, I dug those from 4 feet deep in sand. Sentimental, you bet. I still remember the excitement, there were like 25 or more we dug up- we sold a bunch as kids but mom kept these six and when I was an adult I took them back to be with me and remind me of the day excitement of that day with mom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buriedtreasuretime

Reaction score
Another thing, I found pieces that look just like what you have in the second pic, I wonder if it’s the same as this...

My grandma in Turlock CA used to raise chickens and she’d use whit small insulators as nesting eggs. The chickens didn’t know the difference. They urs to be all over the hay bales in the barn. I picked up some and grandma scolded me, then told me what she used them for.

buriedtreasuretime

Reaction score
When I saw this I almost passed out. I immediately said whoa an owl bottle! A few moments later I said to myself “caitlin, ya dingus, that’s an elephant” lol. I looked it up online and apparently it’s a Clorox bottle. I know it’s not rare or anything but I’ve never found anything quite like this so I was really taken back by it and just wanted to share with you guys.

I believe I’ve seen this in a lighter cobalt before in pictures, never in person. Clorox- I would have not guessed, the top is very Clorox from the 40’s. Any other information you found on it. What a great find- you’re the lucky one!

Catcat16

Reaction score
I believe I’ve seen this in a lighter cobalt before in pictures, never in person. Clorox- I would have not guessed, the top is very Clorox from the 40’s. Any other information you found on it. What a great find- you’re the lucky one!

Well I found out from other users it isn’t a clorox as I read online, but from some sol company. And yes this was an awesome find probably one of my favorite digging moments haha

Catcat16

Reaction score
My grandma in Turlock CA used to raise chickens and she’d use whit small insulators as nesting eggs. The chickens didn’t know the difference. They urs to be all over the hay bales in the barn. I picked up some and grandma scolded me, then told me what she used them for.

Ahh what a cool story lol. Thanks for sharing!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I s
When I saw this I almost passed out. I immediately said whoa an owl bottle! A few moments later I said to myself “caitlin, ya dingus, that’s an elephant” lol. I looked it up online and apparently it’s a Clorox bottle. I know it’s not rare or anything but I’ve never found anything quite like this so I was really taken back by it and just wanted to share with you guys.
I saw the elephant bottle on Ebay right now they are asking $45.

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Caitlin, I've dug way more than my fair share of clorox bottles in my time but not one like that!!! I agree with many comments /\ from above its a cool figural!
~Fred

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Insulators are always good to find. Like cat mine are always cracked or chipped...you know broken in some way. I still bring em home if i can position it so you can't see the damage. One day i will find a whole one no chips or cracks. Until then may everything you dig be rare and whole!
i climb for mine and get them virtually chip free!
~Fred

Attachments

• IMG_9769.JPG
    IMG_9769.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_9768.JPG
    IMG_9768.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 131

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads