Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Check this out...

flint_illustrator

Dec 16, 2014
I just received an inbox message (which I have attached) with the user name "normanshawn" saying a guy in Texas has a couple bottles from the Kansas area for sale with him email address. So I contact the guy in Texas which his name is "Ham Goyette" and sent me a picture and said he would do $80 for the two bottles. Thought it was a fair price so I asked if he had PayPal, his reply was it is not working right now but do have other options for payment. I asked if he had cash app and he said his child does. So he gives me that address to send money to and I tried to send the $80 but LUCKILY my cash app thing wasn't working. Well this morning I sent the picture Ham Goyette sent to me to a good friend of mine that I dig with and turns out that is the picture of two of his bottles. The taller drugstore bottle he sold on eBay years ago and the hutch he still has in his collection and that picture is on google images under Kansas bottles.

So who ever is in charge of this site may need to look into the guy who sent me that inbox message.

Attachments

Last edited:

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
its relatively easy to find pictures of bottles on google , never really heard of someone trying a scam like this and for only $80

flint_illustrator

Dec 16, 2014
My good friend still has the hutch in his collection. If he actually had these why didn't he take his own picture

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
My good friend still has the hutch in his collection. If he actually had these why didn't he take his own picture
true that's why is does seem very off , its possible he might of had 1 of the bottles and just too lazy to take a new picture but odds he actually had both is very slim

it does seem like he found the pictures online and trying to create a bogus purchase

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olaf66