Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Check this RARE one out

peejrey

Jul 4, 2010
Lyles, TN
Just thought I'd pop in and say something real quick instead of lurking,[&:] so here's something funny I found while browsing away at the other section of ebay..
Other bottles that is, and other is right.
Got a little money stock piled for a rainy day so I might just make the opening bid..
Just graduated from High school today, and it has been emotional, but this really made me smile [:D]
have a nice early morning or late evening folks..(depending on where you are)
_Preston

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-COLOR-DARK-GREEN-BROMO-SELTZER-EMERSON-DRUG-CO-BALTIMORE-MD-/271205092787?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f25154db3

RIBottleguy

Mar 5, 2008
Providence, RI
Poor fellow got nuked. Of course this wise guy thinks offering a larger size makes an already altered bottle worth more. Let's pray that most people have wised up by now!

botlguy

Just to be crystal clear, as I have not been exposed to these, are you all saying there are no authentic GREEN Bromos? I am certainly familiar with most nuked items but have not heard about other colors such as cobalt blue being nuked. I'm not argueing here, just looking for info.

appliedlips

Jan 30, 2005
I have seen talk on the forum of these being nuked. I am too wondering where this theory originated. I am familiar with the nuking process and hqve seen some odd colors but if his offerings are altered,I don't believe its by UV. There are green bromos and have dug a few ,bit they have all been b.i.m. variants.

bostaurus

Feb 17, 2009
Hillsdale, Louisiana
This is an interesting topic...I have a question for you though. Irradiating with UV light (is that the correct wave) is easy enough. How would they be going about irradiating with Gamma?

epackage

May 3, 2009
Jersey
ORIGINAL: bostaurus

This is an interesting topic...I have a question for you though. Irradiating with UV light (is that the correct wave) is easy enough. How would they be going about irradiating with Gamma?
Many food prep facilities and hospitals use Gamma Sterilizers Melinda, it's easy for many people to gain access I'd imagine...

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ssimmw