Cheerwine from Asheville, NC

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cheerwineguy

Reaction score
I have a Cheerwine bottle from Asheville, NC and I am an avid Cheerwine collector who lives in Gastonia, NC. Cheerwine began being bottled in Gastonia in the 1920's and is still bottled here today by the Choice USA Beverage Company. Choice USA is the successor to Sun-Drop Bottling Company of Gastonia, Orange Crush Bottling Company of Gastonia and Bludwine Bottling Co. Charles Nanney moved to Gastonia in 1917 and started with the Bludwine Bottling Co. I do not know who the Asheville bottler was but their time was short lived and thus the reason the Asheville bottles are much harder to find than some of the other Cities. I have octagonal Cheerwine bottles from 25 different cities covering five different states. There are also some octagonal bottles that do not contain a City name on them.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming that it is one of the harder ones to find. I was just guessing based on the fact that I've seen most of the others aside from Asheville. Would you mind looking at your Asheville Cheerwine and seeing if you can spot the date on it if it has one? It should be around the heel of the bottle. Mine was above the lettering.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown