Chero-Cola bottle question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hsojrue

Reaction score
I have an old Chero Cola bottle. I'm fairly sure it is from 1915-1923. I just aquired two big boxes of bottles most of them are from the 1920s. It is missing the label but here is my question.
The bottle says: This bottle never sold.
What exactly does this mean? I'm sorry if this sounds really dumb but I just got started in bottle collecting and am still learning all this. anything you can tell me will be greatly appriciated

cheromike

Reaction score
I have an old Chero Cola bottle. I'm fairly sure it is from 1915-1923. I just aquired two big boxes of bottles most of them are from the 1920s. It is missing the label but here is my question.
The bottle says: This bottle never sold.
What exactly does this mean? I'm sorry if this sounds really dumb but I just got started in bottle collecting and am still learning all this. anything you can tell me will be greatly appriciated
The terms, "This Bottle Never Sold" indicates the bottle is the property of the local bottler and no one else. You were expected to return the bottle for re-use. The plan did not work out because everyone forgot to return the bottles! So, then they began charging a deposit cost. That worked and has been successful on even to the present time. --Cordially, Michael Elling, Sharon, Tennessee

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp