Cheves Cola - Chero Cola Question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score
Confederate Railroad has a song called "Trashy Women". One verse goes
" I like my women on the trashy side
When they wear their clothes to tight and their hair is dyed, too much lipstick and too much rouge,, gets me excited, leaves me feeling confused.
Yep this is my trashy woman. I like it. She's old and tacky like me. It's been nuked I guess but gives my local bottles shelf a little pop. Lol
It says Gainesville and Newberry Florida.
My question is I was told Cheves Cola became Chero-Cola. This Worthpoint bottle at bottom pic says the same thing but when I do history search on Chero Cola there is no mention of Cheves. Does anyone have info on that or a link to site about Cheves? I know this bottle isn't worth anything I'm just interested in learning the history.
Also has anyone ever tumbled a nuked bottle? This one has several scratches and dings that stand out more because it's purple. I was wondering if you tumble it would it smooth back out to a more uniform purple? Thinking about getting a tumbler from Jar Doctor next year.

Attachments

• 20220809_161545.jpg
    20220809_161545.jpg
    573.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 20220809_161535.jpg
    20220809_161535.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 20220809_161939.jpg
    20220809_161939.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 20220809_161952.jpg
    20220809_161952.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_20220809-193221_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220809-193221_Chrome.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Digger 57

Reaction score
When they wear their clothes to tight and their hair is dyed, too much lipstick and too much rouge,, gets me excited, leaves me feeling confused.
Yep this is my trashy woman. I like it. She's old and tacky like me. It's been nuked I guess but gives my local bottles shelf a little pop. Lol
My question is I was told Cheves Cola became Chero-Cola. I found a couple Worthpoint bottles that say the same thing but when I do history search on Chero Cola there is no mention of Cheves. Does anyone have info on that or a link to site about Cheves? I know this bottle isn't worth anything I'm just interested in learning the history.
Also has anyone ever tumbled a nuked bottle? This one has several scratches and dings that stand out more because it's purple. I was wondering if you tumble it would it smooth it back out to a more uniform purple? Thinking about getting a tumbler from Jar Doctor next year.
Yes it will help with the scratchs but it will not change the color.if you are new to tumbling experiment with common bottles first .till you get a feel for it. There are different powders you can use for different results. The jar Doctor has everything you need. I have been tumbling for a few years now. You won't regret it.

driftwood

Reaction score
My question is I was told Cheves Cola became Chero-Cola. This Worthpoint bottle at bottom pic says the same thing but when I do history search on Chero Cola there is no mention of Cheves. Does anyone have info on that or a link to site about Cheves? I know this bottle isn't worth anything I'm just interested in learning the history.
Also has anyone ever tumbled a nuked bottle? This one has several scratches and dings that stand out more because it's purple. I was wondering if you tumble it would it smooth back out to a more uniform purple? Thinking about getting a tumbler from Jar Doctor next year.
Yes it will help with the scratchs but it will not change the color.if you are new to tumbling experiment with common bottles first .till you get a feel for it. There are different powders you can use for different results. The jar Doctor has everything you need. I have been tumbling for a few years now. You won't regret it.
Looks like Cheves Brothers became Chero Cola Bottlers around 1915 One of the brothers lived in Gainesville and the other one lived in Newberry.

Attachments

• CHEVES.PNG
    CHEVES.PNG
    230.8 KB · Views: 112

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score

Thanks Digger 57. Yes I would definitely sacrifice some practice bottles on machine when/if I get one. I like the purple, don't want to change it. Just shine her up a bit. Now that I realize how "local" this bottle is i want a nice clear one in good shape.

Digger 57

Reaction score
Thanks Digger 57. Yes I would definitely sacrifice some practice bottles on machine when/if I get one. I like the purple, don't want to change it. Just shine her up a bit. Now that I realize how "local" this bottle is i want a nice clear one in good shape.
Good luck.many more good finds to you.

driftwood

Reaction score
Glad I could help. FYI, the ABC of North Florida is having their annual bottle show, Sat Sept 17. Free admission on Sat. It's at the FOP 5530 Beach Blvd, Jax

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score
Glad I could help. FYI, the ABC of North Florida is having their annual bottle show, Sat Sept 17. Free admission on Sat. It's at the FOP 5530 Beach Blvd, Jax

I was actually in downtown Jax about a month ago. It was pouring down rain and the traffic was incredible. I don't think I can do that again. Lol. There was a bottle show in a small town just south of Gainesville last summer. There were lots of local bottles i heard. Unfortunately I was in Tennessee on vacation that weekend. Ive been waiting for another to come back by

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado