Cheves Cola - Chero Cola Question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

driftwood

Reaction score
I was actually in downtown Jax about a month ago. It was pouring down rain and the traffic was incredible. I don't think I can do that again. Lol. There was a bottle show in a small town just south of Gainesville last summer. There were lots of local bottles i heard. Unfortunately I was in Tennessee on vacation that weekend. Ive been waiting for another to come back by
Yes, I think you are referring to the show in Reddick. I was there and it was a pretty good show. It used to be the Deland, Fla show but it was moved to Reddick.

kolawars

Reaction score
My question is I was told Cheves Cola became Chero-Cola. This Worthpoint bottle at bottom pic says the same thing but when I do history search on Chero Cola there is no mention of Cheves. Does anyone have info on that or a link to site about Cheves? I know this bottle isn't worth anything I'm just interested in learning the history.
Cheeves Brothers were among the first franchise bottlers of Chero Cola in 1912 at their Newberry Florida plant. By the time they opened a branch at Gainesville the next year, they had discontinued Chero Cola. Their 1913 bottle with both towns was designed to copy the Chero Cola logo. The Cheeves bottle is really a copycat of the Chero Cola. (from the Chero Cola Book)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264