Chippewa Water Co. Estevan Saskatchewan

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Any info on this Weyburn Bottling Works bottle? Picked it up here recently in BC. Thanks
I don't think I have a Weyburn bottle. that's form the 20's-30's. The earliest mention is 1912 in the Winnipeg free press as Weyburn bottling company under newly completed buildings, the page was celebrating Weyburn's growth.
1635275124190.jpeg

In another article Oct 1927....they were mentioned regarding price hikes for bottles affected from railway freight rates.
The article that really caught my eye was this one!
Feb 1931-Winnipeg free press....this is just the top part.
1635275341057.jpeg

Canadacan

Reaction score

John Mount

Reaction score
I cant contain my excitement about receiving this label collection.....at this point I figure some of these labels are quite rare!
They came from a fellow in Montana...they had belonged to his aunt who was born in 1914-1915 and had resided in Harve Mt. which is about 30 miles from the Canada border. This was from a scrap book she had, he is not sure when she collected them but judging by the age of the labels mid 1920's...so she was just a young lady at that time.
Most of the labels are the Chippewa brand and seem to span a few years of label changes, but what really sticks out are the Hires, Jersey Cream, Whistle...and a few from the Citrus products co., Kist, Chocolate Solder, Loko.
This is what I found so far for information on Chippewa Water Co. so essentially it look as though the company formed about 1920-21 and were located on 1225 4th st Estevan Sask. they also bottled Coca-Cola
From ....A Tale That is Told" history book
"This company was owned by Mike Sloan who came from Saskatoon in 1912. He first operated in a small way in the same building as Gusman's Meat Market which was located on Fourth Street. A little later he had a partner named H. B. Gerkey, for two years. In 1923 he erected a $6000 building on Fifth Street and bought completely new equipment which at one time turned out up to nearly 15,000 bottles of soft drinks per day under twenty-two different labels. The building was later occupied by J. M. Sinclair Co. wholesale grocery. He sold his equipment and franchises to Laing's of Weyburn in 1945. Retiring in Estevan, Mr. Sloan died in 1954.

View attachment 174805

View attachment 174806

View attachment 174807[SUB][/SUB]
I cant contain my excitement about receiving this label collection.....at this point I figure some of these labels are quite rare!
They came from a fellow in Montana...they had belonged to his aunt who was born in 1914-1915 and had resided in Harve Mt. which is about 30 miles from the Canada border. This was from a scrap book she had, he is not sure when she collected them but judging by the age of the labels mid 1920's...so she was just a young lady at that time.
Most of the labels are the Chippewa brand and seem to span a few years of label changes, but what really sticks out are the Hires, Jersey Cream, Whistle...and a few from the Citrus products co., Kist, Chocolate Solder, Loko.
This is what I found so far for information on Chippewa Water Co. so essentially it look as though the company formed about 1920-21 and were located on 1225 4th st Estevan Sask. they also bottled Coca-Cola
From ....A Tale That is Told" history book
"This company was owned by Mike Sloan who came from Saskatoon in 1912. He first operated in a small way in the same building as Gusman's Meat Market which was located on Fourth Street. A little later he had a partner named H. B. Gerkey, for two years. In 1923 he erected a $6000 building on Fifth Street and bought completely new equipment which at one time turned out up to nearly 15,000 bottles of soft drinks per day under twenty-two different labels. The building was later occupied by J. M. Sinclair Co. wholesale grocery. He sold his equipment and franchises to Laing's of Weyburn in 1945. Retiring in Estevan, Mr. Sloan died in 1954.

View attachment 174805

View attachment 174806

View attachment 174807[SUB][/SUB]
very nice labels! i'd love to find a Jersey -Creme bottle!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky