Citrate of Magnesia bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
I highly doubt there's very many hard core collectors of these bottles, oddly I pick up the "Packie" styled ones when I come across them which is not too often. Although not a Packie style per say I picked up the bottle on the very left earlier today, I guess just because I thought it looked kinda cool and I haven't seen this style before. I see tons of much earlier C.O.M. bottles, but very few from the time period I collect. I did an image search of the bottle I picked today with no luck finding another like it, close but no real match. The second bottle from the left is one I dumped two years ago along with the fourth and fifth ones from the left, the others were antique store/flea market finds. I added a couple extra pics of the bottle I got today, that bottle was made by Ball...... ;) 20220826_135322.jpg20220826_135334.jpg20220826_135344.jpg20220826_140846.jpg

Last edited:

UnderMiner

Reaction score
Great collection, I collect the older ones but only when they're in very good condition. I see so many different variations. I noticed they kept the blob top design well into the 1920's so sometimes I will see a 1920's CM bottle crusted in dirt and think I found a 19th century mini blob bottle only to be disappointed to discover it's just a machine-made early 20th century CM bottle. I once found the broken fragments of a very early tooled-blob Citrate Magnesia bottle, it was the best CM bottle design I had ever seen, it had a tooled collar below the blob as well, but it was just fragments so I didn't keep it. I haven't been able to find this design anywhere online so it must be a pretty rare early variant. Keep up the good hunt!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
The COMs can be very plain or fancy. Assuming they were about the same size and price, it would be interesting to see which were more successful.
Congrats to you, RR, for having a collecting concentration in COMs. I think it is well founded and they deserve it. ;)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora