City/Bottling Works Dump(?) Dig + Upcoming Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mrcure

Reaction score
I recently posted a few finds from a city dump and below is a little bit of follow-up to this lucky find----> https://www.antique-bottles.net/threads/another-dig-city.698064/#post-771792

After this initial find piqued my interest, I found an old bottling works in the town and immediately went to work making a map. Even though the town had not changed much in many many years, the map revealed a few potential privies and points of interest. First I confirmed the location of a privy that I could see from space :p, looked up the property owner on google maps and decided to contact them. Unfortunately I was not allowed access per the owner but that's fine with me because I value my life. I then decided to head out prospecting last weekend.

I walked the entire town creeks, hills, and forests without luck. Finally I landed the last portion of my prospecting in the cityscape. I settled on digging in an old urban dirt area where some shards were present. Unfortunately the ground was really freaking rocky and tough so I was only able to dig a tiny hole and found no good glass.

Fortunately, I was able to gain permission from the owner of a private lot across from the old bottling works to do some digging soon so I will definitely have some finds to post next week. Since this may be an ongoing dig (I can start digging very quickly if I get the hunting adrenaline that fuels my addiction :p), I may just make one more large post. Either way, stay tuned for more.

Tip #1: First and always on clearly-marked private property one should always ask for permission to dig (follow all local/state laws).

hemihampton

Reaction score
When you said City Bottling Works Dump I thought that meant you found a bunch of these. These all say City Bottling Works. Some say it on the back. Good Luck. LEON.
CobaltNorrisTransitions.JPG

mrcure

Reaction score
Haha and to think that City Bottling Works is a well known manufacturer. I've never heard of them but I wont forget.

Your CBWs are nicer than the stuff that comes up on google for the same maker.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1