Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Civil war opium bottle.

Troutmaster08

Apr 9, 2020
With bottles like this it's interesting to think about what it was used for. That very bottle could have treated the pain of a wounded soldier.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Jan 11, 2020
New Jersey
I got it off a dealer of civil war relics Bob vicksburg who lives in vicksburg, Mississippi. It could just be a term he uses for all medicine bottles. They sell better is my guess. He knows his stuff so I always take his word for it. I still love the bottle no matter what it held in it's past.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

nhpharm

Apr 24, 2007
It is a cool bottle...made in a dip mold (like early case gins). The few of these I have dug over the years have been in 1840's stuff.

Screwtop

Sep 1, 2018
Carter County Kentucky
I got it off a dealer of civil war relics Bob vicksburg who lives in vicksburg, Mississippi. It could just be a term he uses for all medicine bottles. They sell better is my guess. He knows his stuff so I always take his word for it. I still love the bottle no matter what it held in it's past.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

I've been meaning to buy one of his bottles for a while now, but I keep using the money for others things from Gettysburg, etc. Great piece, I love the color!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Jan 11, 2020
New Jersey
That's good information thanks. I have a bunch of civil war private property dug relics. Pipes, bullets, bottles and inks. I have to do a civil war post. Good stuff buddy. Thanks again nhpharm.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DiggerMalaya