Civil War U.S.A. Hospital Department bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
DSC_0118.jpg

I will be listing this U.S.A. Hosp. Dept. bottle on ebay within the next couple of days if I get no bites here. I'm not looking to sell it here, but rather just get it out into the atmosphere that I will be selling it shortly. If y'all have a bunch of Schuylkill county Pennsylvania bottles, I'll gladly trade for them.

K6TIM

Reaction score
It's a nice medicine bottle.It is THREE PIECE mold.You can tell it by the seam going around the bottle shoulder.The lip is a typical extract lip used on most medicine bottles of the day.It's fairly rare with the hospital on it and the deptment where supposed to be used..nice all around bottle!
oh the yellow tint of the bottle used a mettalic oxide to turn it yellow in most cases purple depending what oxide was use to turn the bottle clear

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
View attachment 230001

I will be listing this U.S.A. Hosp. Dept. bottle on ebay within the next couple of days if I get no bites here. I'm not looking to sell it here, but rather just get it out into the atmosphere that I will be selling it shortly. If y'all have a bunch of Schuylkill county Pennsylvania bottles, I'll gladly trade for them.
What are you trying to get for it? Is there damage?

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
I have heard that the addition of selenium, as a clarifier, will cause that yellow tint when exposed to sunlight. I don't know if they were using it during the 1860s

Screwtop

Reaction score
I have heard that the addition of selenium, as a clarifier, will cause that yellow tint when exposed to sunlight. I don't know if they were using it during the 1860s
I think what you are seeing is my cameras lack of white balance. It's clear, but looks yellow in this pic. I'll be taking more and better pictures of it soon.

Screwtop

Reaction score
Also check out some of my other listings, It would really help me out. I'm moving to Pennsylvania this November and any bit of extra money helps. It also means I have less to pack.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky