clear Coca Cola straight side found in woods

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
on the weekend I finally found one of those clear coca cola company Canada straight sides from the 1900's , had found a couple swimming before but all were broken/damaged bottles .

I was exploring a small hillside near a busy park , had never been thru it before as no one ever goes in it but it is near the site of an old hotel that burnt down in the 30's .

at some point I found this bottle in some leaves/plants , wasn't even that dirty , some dirt and 1 slug in it , washed it in lake and looked like new .

don't believe this version is especially rare , it also comes in some bluish/aqua colours . no city either but does say " property of coca cola company Canada " and "coca cola " on bottom

20210605_132814.jpg
cocacolaSSMB.JPG
cocacolassMB1.JPG
DSC04028.JPG
DSC04032.JPG

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
on the weekend I finally found one of those clear coca cola company Canada straight sides from the 1900's , had found a couple swimming before but all were broken/damaged bottles .

I was exploring a small hillside near a busy park , had never been thru it before as no one ever goes in it but it is near the site of an old hotel that burnt down in the 30's .

at some point I found this bottle in some leaves/plants , wasn't even that dirty , some dirt and 1 slug in it , washed it in lake and looked like new .

don't believe this version is especially rare , it also comes in some bluish/aqua colours . no city either but does say " property of coca cola company Canada " and "coca cola " on bottom

View attachment 226294View attachment 226295View attachment 226296View attachment 226297View attachment 226298
First of all, I don't see a dot between Coca and Cola. That may or may not be unusual for this bottle. No sure. Rare or not, that is one great find. I dont find too many straight sided cokes. Thanks for posting it.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
No doubt worth a second and a third look. I can search the same area 2-3 times and come back with something new everytime. Look on the way up and back. Sometimes the new angle to the sun makes all the difference in the world. My favorite time to look is early morning or late afternoon. From 10am-2pm the sun makes it hard to see.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

RCO

Reaction score
No doubt worth a second and a third look. I can search the same area 2-3 times and come back with something new everytime. Look on the way up and back. Sometimes the new angle to the sun makes all the difference in the world. My favorite time to look is early morning or late afternoon. From 10am-2pm the sun makes it hard to see.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

it was the 3rd time I had walked thru that woods , first time was maybe 2 weeks ago and than a few days later .

all I found the first 2 times was liquor and beer bottles from 70's > 80's

would of been easier to see if there was bottles there in april before the plants and leaves came out , where the coke was is all green plants

I had stopped there cause there was something metal stuck in the dirt but I couldn't get it out , not sure what it was possibly an old bowl/ planter or similar ?

will go back there for sure

RCO

Reaction score
First of all, I don't see a dot between Coca and Cola. That may or may not be unusual for this bottle. No sure. Rare or not, that is one great find. I dont find too many straight sided cokes. Thanks for posting it.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

not sure , pretty sure its not a rare one , is some other colours for this bottle , also straight sides from Canada with city / town names on them , those ones are usually the most pricey / collectable

Mjbottle

Reaction score
Awsome find! clear canadian straight sides are harder to come buy than you think, while not rare they are definetly uncommon, the most common being the blue colors and the rarest being the ones with the city names, green canadian straight sides are also very hard to come by. Congrats on your find!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Very nice find! Definitely not an easy one to find, especially on the surface by itself. I'd definitely be going back there in the fall or spring if I were you, could very well be more stuff like that in there.

RCO

Reaction score
Awsome find! clear canadian straight sides are harder to come buy than you think, while not rare they are definetly uncommon, the most common being the blue colors and the rarest being the ones with the city names, green canadian straight sides are also very hard to come by. Congrats on your find!

I've never found any blue ones here , did find a couple of the clear ones in lakes here but both were broken . the clear ones were being used around here it seems back then

I've never found any with city names before even in broken condition

RCO

Reaction score
Very nice find! Definitely not an easy one to find, especially on the surface by itself. I'd definitely be going back there in the fall or spring if I were you, could very well be more stuff like that in there.

I plan to go back soon and see if I can find anything else , if I don't will wait till fall for a more in depth search when I can see more

don't know a lot about the nearby hotel , it wasn't very well known or that big , it also burnt down in 30's and never rebuilt

didn't see any evidence of a dump , everything seems to be random single finds

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown