Clearock Soda?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hello all, I don't really collect ABMs or Sodas, but here's one I never heard of: Clearock - bottled in Peekskill NY. Any info appreciated, and if anyone interested in buying it, make an offer - at least cover the postage! lol

Wu61565.jpg

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey M. Digger...

Do you really want to sell? How much is it worth to you?..I think it is a beautiful bottle..love green bottles...$10, $20. $30?????
Let me know..ok?

Good hunting....Dr J[8|]

Maine Digger

Reaction score
David, I honestly haven't been able to find anything on this bottle. Are you serious about wanting to purchase it? Send me an e-mail, we can figure out something that works. I'm not sure it's at all rare or anything, it's just a bottle that I've been unable to find here in Maine. I got it out of a dump on the property I grew up on in NY, I think it's likely from the 1960s. If you have an idea of a value to you, I'll trust whatever you feel it's worth. In fact, if it would work better, I'll send it out for you to check over first. Just let me know.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Dave, Clearock was bottled by Abele Bottling Works, embossed on the bottom skirt. I found an obituary of a son who "joined his family's 1/2 century old bottling company Abele/Clearock Soda upon his graduation from high school in 1923". This may help

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey Norm..I have seached the "web" for about an hour and I came up with the same obit but everything else is dead end...I did e mail a request to a bottle museum...they had a painted label "Clearock" listed by one of their contributors I think....I am curiouser and curiouser wondering about this bottling plant....???[8D]

thanks for your info too...we may be on to one of the rarest bottles this site has ever seen..and remember folks.."You saw it here first!" LOL

Good hunting my friend....

DR J[:)]

Maine Digger

Reaction score
DrJ - It should be on your corner of the continent from ours by mid-late next week. I'm going to check in with some relatives 'back home' in NY to see if any recall this brand. I have e-mailed a request to the Peekskill NY historical society for information. I'm optomistic as 'Mr. Abele' and family were rather well known. Oh yeah, the 'shipping' for the bottle from Maine to Oregon is $500.00, just send a cashiers check ok?[:D] Are you anywhere near Evergreen College, that's where my nephew from NY went to school.

drjhostetters

Reaction score
[8D] Hey guy...that seems a little steep for pony express freight but I'll E mail you a check first thing tomorrow morning..ok?[;)]

Thanks and I'll look through my collection and see if I have anything that you might like in return..any particular bollte or collectable you're looking for? My collection isn't too big but I do have a couple of "doubles" that you might like...let me know ok...?

Again thanks...

DR J

Peekskill Native

Reaction score
Clearock was made by the Abele Bottling Works at the present site of the Field Library on Nelson Ave. in Peekskill. I used to walk past the place every day on my way to school. The plant was taken down during large scale Urban Renewal. I remember well this brand, mostly available as orange flavor growing up in Peekskill since the price was less than other sodas. Abele also bottled Squirt. I only remember seeing another flavor once, I think it was grape. I will try to get more information for you. The Abele's were good Peekskill folks who made a good product at a low price. My dad would bring home Clearock from Piemueller's - which was once an A+P - or Eman's Market - I think they are still in business - as an occasional treat. Other popular brand's for us in the 1950's and 60's were Mission and Hoffman.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Clearock Door (Pull) Sign - No date but appears 1950s acl.

C435B1C14C7F42378C859BA71A3F5C4A.jpg

Attachments

• C435B1C14C7F42378C859BA71A3F5C4A.jpg
    C435B1C14C7F42378C859BA71A3F5C4A.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 135

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu