Cobalt blob top quart beer

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

toddrandolph

Reaction score
I recently got this bottle not too unusual except for the color it is embossed in slug plate from Dr. hale’s sanitarium Eaton Rapids Michigan Reverse is embossed with the standard this bottle not to be sold it is about 13 inches high and looks to be quart size Can’t find any bottles from Dr. Hale searching online he did publish a couple books or propaganda pieces in 1882 and 1883 apparently about electrotherapy and his sanitarium I’m guessing this is a mineral water anyone ever seen this one or any other bottles from Dr. Hale before
4A1C34AD-2B91-4D29-B845-CD8815F9B09F.jpeg
2C5EE58B-BEBD-4D89-8C9B-3E630D5FAD5F.jpeg

woods_walker

Reaction score
I have not... but I gotta say that bottle is a smoker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.R. Collector

Nomad Bottle Collector
Reaction score
Fantastic find. Hemihampton will probably know something about it. I am sure he will be glad to share what he knows

treasurekidd

Reaction score
Beautiful bottle! Here's a reference to Dr. Hale's Medical Sanitarium from an 1882 directory:

Here's a 1908 reference to Dr Morris Hale, mentions that he was formerly a manager of company called Ann Arbor Mineral Water Cure, and that the Sanitarium in Eaton Rapids burned down in 1885.

My best guess is that the bottle was for some sort of "restorative" mineral water. I'm also guessing it's a pretty valuable bottle!

Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
Fantastic find. Hemihampton will probably know something about it. I am sure he will be glad to share what he knows

Well, I'm a lot more familiar with Eastern Michigan Bottles then Western Michigan Bottles. I'm familiar with a few different Sanitarium Bottles from Western Michigan but not that one. I could ask around, I got some Bottle Collecting Friends on Western Michigan side. Nice Bottle. Congrats. LEON.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Sweet acquisitIon. Original stopper and it is cobalt. Looks like the holy grail to me!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Asked some Friends on west side of State & the ones that responded so far not familiar with the Bottle. Is it for sale or Trade? Since I collect & Specialize in Michigan Bottles I would be Interested in it. I do have Pontiled & Cobalt Blue Ohio Bottles to trade & Cash, If you collect Ohio Bottles? Let me know? LEON.

klaatu

Reaction score
That's a great looking bottle. Congrats on a superb find!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu